Thread: Lost in the jungle at night

Tool & Die Maker

Default Lost in the jungle at night

Took my camping neighbor (Tony) out hog hunting 2 nights ago. I instructed him to shoot if you get the chance. He shot one and the dam hog ran into the jungle. Tony wants to look for it thinks he can find it, it's pitch dark mind you. He finds it, I was surprised, then we realize we are now lost in the jungle at night. We both had state of the art cell phones but no way to know which way to walk. So we are dragging this dead hog around then I step into a hole full of water up to my knee, so I'm stuck. Tony says grab hold of me. I tell him to take my rifle then i grabbed the back of his jean and pulled myself out and Tony kept his jeans on. We determine we are hopelessly lost. I suggest we call someone from the RV resort to come out and blow their car horn so we know what direction to go. I told Tony I can't call my wife because she already told me if I get lost she will call the fire department to go find my stupid husband. I call a friend to come out. We knew when he arrived because his headlights illuminated the tree tops . That is how we found our way out of the jungle. Next day everyone in the RV resort knew about our hunting trip. I'll never hear the end of it.

The hog gets roast tomorrow.

Jim

Just tell them that anyone that pokes fun gets eliminated from future hog roasts. That should cut down on the jocularity and increase the sympathy.

Good thing Tony kept his jeans on or you might have had more than just getting lost to live down....

Alan

Tool & Die Maker

We left Florida 5 days early because of the virus. Made it home okay. Illinois is taking the virus very serious, Florida not so much

I would have to disagree with your assessment of the steps that Florida is taking. IMO they are doing a great job. Raining in the spring breakers is a BIG task.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

FL has tons of acreage to escape to with few other people. Responsible citizens will recognize this and abide to the social distancing thing

Social distancing is the best thing to come along in a long time....

Alan

Some people dont like me anyways. So they dont normally snuggle up.

Tool & Die Maker

I think we would have been safe in Florida, I heard once the coronavirus doesn't do well in warm moist climates. Citrus county is not heavily populated. But the RV resort shut down all activities including morning coffee which I enjoyed and now bars and restaurants are closed the things we enjoyed the most. Of course hog hunting was STILL a great way to spent time.

I MISS FLORIDA!!!!

177 out of 197 countries are reporting cases of coronavirus including countries along the equator so I think that blows the warm, moist country theory. Florida would have been infected no matter what. They might have been a lot better off if everyone hadn't flocked down there for spring break, though. Those countries that are reporting cases just don't know they have it would be my guess.

In other news...The president of Belarus believes vodka and saunas will cure the virus. Bat $hit crazy isn't just a phrase apparently.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/belaru...e-coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    177 out of 197 countries are reporting cases of coronavirus including countries along the equator so I think that blows the warm, moist country theory. Florida would have been infected no matter what. They might have been a lot better off if everyone hadn't flocked down there for spring break, though. Those countries that are reporting cases just don't know they have it would be my guess.

In other news...The president of Belarus believes vodka and saunas will cure the virus. Bat $hit crazy isn't just a phrase apparently.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/belaru...e-coronavirus/
    Wait. Vodka!!!?!! What!!

Well, heck. They used to think that whiskey was a great expediant for warming up in the frozen North (it'll kill you) or for snakebites (again, death), or to clean out wounds (still not good.).

Myths are so fun.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Yeah, but this is vodka and saunas. Gotta be true!

Well, you emerged with a hog to roast, your own hides intact and just a little bruised around the ego- all in all, not too bad! Glad you made it out, Jim.