Thread: How to cook beef suet?

Default How to cook beef suet?

Has anyone ever eaten straight up beef suet? How long do you cook it?
    I am on a mission to learn as much as I can about real foods. To do this I started a podcast called The Year of Plenty Podcast. You can listen with this link https://linktr.ee/yearofplenty ... It is on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and any other podcast app. The episodes are also on www.theyearofplenty.com

Um...if you heat it up, it melts into a puddle. I suppose you could cook it till burned.
    I do use it as an ingredient in cooked things, but not to drink it plain.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Are you meaning the suet which is simply the fat or tallow on beef, or are you thinking about bone marrow, the gelatinous center goo in the bones?? If that's the case, the long bones are generally split and roasted the the marrow scooped out and eaten like a spread on bread, crackers, or even spread on steak. Tallow I avoid for the most part because of the greasy film it leaves in my mouth but I do melt it in a pot over low heat, and add bird seed to it for the birds through the winter.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Banned

Well, I avoid it completely due to the countless fat content. Much better to be healthy and fit than to be obese.

But pay no attention to me, I’m just another stupid spam monkey.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-29-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Fats are great survival foods in colder climates. That's why I stay south of the MD line. So far I have managed to stay affluent enough to not have to resort to marrow on rye as sustenance....

God willing I will remain so.

Alan