Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

With the US pandemic surging again, I just don't know what the federal government is doing or are they doing anything at all to stop this virus.

And that bothers you in Glasgow, how? Lagha. Or as we say over the pond. Bye bye.

Why, just today I saw federal agents out on the highway stopping the virus. They had them spread eagle against the cars. They were doing a pretty darn cool job of stopping the virus.

Alan

It would be nice to have accurate numbers. In the past week (these are all Florida stories) a story came out that clinics (many, but not sure how many) were only reporting positive test, and not negative test results. That makes it look like the state has a much higher positivity rate (percentage wise) than it really has. These clinics were reporting a 100% rate vice a 6% rate in testing. Another story was that all tests that were positive, even those that were re-tests to verify if an individual was still positive. The story tracked a few individuals (five I think) that accounted for 25 reported positives for the state.

Ever since the RNC announced that it would be coming to Jacksonville next month it has been non-stop "the sky is falling" stories and actions that I believe are intended to get the convention cancelled.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, all these folks protesting things haven't impacted those numbers at all. I mean, golly gee. It has to be those GOP folks holding rallies, right?

Funny how much of the media is not reporting the comments of the head of the CDC when he said South Florida is seeing a large spike because so many of the people from NY, NJ and MA are going to South Florida to get away from their own hot spots and that the protests and riots have had a large impact on the spikes. I guess it doesn't fit their narrative.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Heh, a local post explained differences between local health reports and federal by saying that, if a person with Covid died in a car accident on the way to see their doctor, it would be counted by the federal organization as a Covid death.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Guy that died in a motorcycle crash counted as a covid death. The logic? Covid could have caused him to crash. SMH
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

It was reported today in the news, on the virus inspections lines, a vehicle entered and information was taken down. But some could not wait and left the line before a test was performed completely. Creating two positive-test results. They also noted that there was no standard in place when someone moves out of the line. Also, they noted the mess handling of test samples. They had noted many infractions of the quality of inspections performed.
    For real up-to-date information go to CoronaVirus.gov/ It's been handed over to the governors to complete all four phases in there own states. When on the site go down to the USA MAP and click on your state.

http://coronavirus.gov

The president is going to be holding the end of day VIRUS Conferences. Starting today at 5:30 PM 07/21/2020

My point of view as for schools and fears not how questions are written in a way by the union to get a no answer. Why not look at double sessions 30-kids classes would be cut to 15-giving spacing. Understand the Unon wants trump out of office, so they are not going to cooperate.
    Last edited by DogMan635; 07-21-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.

Blog Entries

FOr what it's is worth this Corna is a new bug. The flu bug in size in 1,004 and Corna is .03 supper small and the first known bug germ to go inside a woman to infect the baby. Even HIV a mother could have HIV and the baby was born without HIV. This Corna is so so NEW and we are still learning.

I like Dr. Fauci, and he is funny at times as his way of thinking is numbers, laboratory. What he says is correct. But is it practical? What would you think if they said 16-foot distances would be safer? because the virus is so small and can stay alive and move fast in a passing wind.

But can we do this practically?

Understand TRUMP was told he was talking too much and turned over the return program to the GOVERNORS and some I'm sorry to say could but find their buts with both hands. Creating more issues and failure to act. Now everyone wants TRUMP to fix it. SO he has returned. But understand this Virus is a UNKNOW and there is no quick fix. The weak, if not protected can end up being cut from the herd. SO we have to step up and be responsible and wear mask correctly. do the responsible things doing so will save lives. Not doing so or acting irrespirable will cost many more lives.
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.

What is costing lives is PEOPLE not behaving responsibly. We all know that all the laws, regulations and restrictions mean NOTHING if people don't comply. If it was raining fire and brimstone there's about half the population that would go outside and look up at the sky.

Alan

Wait. Just how hard would it be raining fire and brimstone? 'Cause I've never seen that. And if a bugle blows just before, well, then I am for sure not going out but if it's just fire and brimstone I might sneak me a peak. A fellah might only get to see that once.

Actually, I don't wear a mask. I rely on social distancing.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Eh, but some of just don't have the right....uh equipment.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Sometimes once is waaaaay to much!

Alan

I am waiting until page number 32 shows before I open this thread again....

Alan

Nice boots.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks. New hat, too.

Blog Entries

President Trump Safety NEWS MEETING ON Corona Virus today with the EXPERTS at 5:30-PM EST.
    Last edited by DogMan635; 07-22-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    by Dogman.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I hope he is not wearing a hong!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?