Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    In other news...I don't buy into not wearing a mask when out and about. If a mask works in a medical setting it da@m well works in public setting. The mask doesn't know the difference. Wear one even if it is a bandana or a scarf. Put something between your face and the public.
    I believed in masks for everyone from day one and was given a lot of flack for it by my NY friends who were obviously drinking the Govt. CoolAid. Turns out, the tide is finally shifting in favor. How something so obvious was even in question is truly baffling.

Tucker Carlson last night said it perfectly and the portion about masks starts at 01:50. I so shared his outrage.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...sks-stop-lying

I believe that there are many, many people that have contracted it and were not diagnosed. Either before testing began, or just thought they had a bug and rode it out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've heard that coffee filters can be used for toilet paper but it will change the taste of the coffee. Just a helpful tip.

Vegan toilet paper.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's pretty good, Crash. But I think that's just the tip of the iceberg. The rest romaines to be seen.

Default Essential Worker my ....

Hi everyone! I've come back after a long long break. Life takes its twits and turns and turned me back here. Hope everyone is still doing good.

Unfortunately I'm considered mission essential at my "mission essential" job. We are a Lowes vendor, we sell metal roofing. My boss and his wife made masks last weekend for the entire plant-both shifts (I'm pretty sure they made them for all the office people too - hard to tell because not everyone is wearing them, or wearing them correctly. Some people have them below their chins, on their foreheads, on the bills of their hats. Typical, I know. I got funny looks last week when I was wearing a bandana. Now most everyone is wearing something.

We are only supposed to have one person in the multi-stall restrooms at a time. They have a hospital grade disinfectant for spraying before and after yourself. There are 17 females that are still working at the office. Most of them already use the single stall restroom not far from my desk. About 7-9 of us use the large restroom. That means the 9 or so of us have 4 stalls to choose from. I know at least 3-4 of them use the ones farthest back.When I'm done I spray both sinks, both soap dispensers, the the door knob for exiting the restroom, the stall door knob, toilet handle and seat. I wonder if anyone else is sanitizing behind or before themselves at all? And I am amazed at the number of people that are so nonchalant about this. I would hate to be a carrier and not know I had even been exposed and get someone sick that is in a high risk category.

I am thinking of starting up a blog to do a running diary of this but haven't decided if I'm going to or not.
    Last edited by grokh5499; 03-31-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: grammar

That's pretty good, Crash. But I think that's just the tip of the iceberg. The rest romaines to be seen.
    I see what you did there. Lettuce hope it doesn't come to that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Leaf it to you. You ain't no butterhead.

We are only supposed to have one person in the multi-stall restrooms at a time.

I would think that's a whole lot better that multiple people in the single stall restroom at a time. Just sayin'.

I would think that's a whole lot better that multiple people in the single stall restroom at a time. Just sayin'.
    That just sent my mind reeling. The visual is something I'll never get over

Just trying to keep things in perspective. Like...I think modern medicine has done away with Darwin's Theory of Evolution. Consider the fact that during a respiratory pandemic folks hoarded toilet paper. Think about that for a moment. Back in the day if a Saber Tooth Tiger attack a man and he decided to defend himself with...oh, say...a flower then nature took care of that bad decision. It turned him into tiger poop, albeit it with pretty flower petals but still. Today medicine keeps those bad decisions alive. I'm convinced if we ever get hit with a diarrhea pandemic there will be a rush on nasal spray.

I do not know anyone who has tested positive, yet.

My daughter works IT at UofL, she was working for Jewish, but UofL bought them out. She is in charge of all the "COWS" Computers on wheels that get moved from room to room. She is scared to death that she has been exposed because she has to go to isolation rooms, and the ER.

The hospital has set up their COVID-19 isolation ward, on the east wing of the floor her office is on. Last week, a patient left the isolation wing, and came down the west wing where the pharmacy and psychologist office as well as all the IT offices are. he walked right into the office of one of the other IT people. After the directed her back to her floor and reported her t the nurses, that guy blew up over the fact she was allowed to exit that wing.

Later that same day, that same patient was seen by pharmacy staff exiting the employee restroom on the west wing, again employees on the west wing had a major meltdown.

Yesterday, The IT people found out that infection control had visited their wing, and ordered the pharmacy and psychologist office moved to another floor. But nothing was said to, or about the IT personnel. That didn't go over well. and none of the IT can be tested to see f they were exposed, unless they start showing symptoms.

Norton Healthcare, and Baptist Health both have many nurses and other employees in quarantine because they were exposed, and Norton had 39 I believe who have tested positive. The Hospital in Seymour Indiana has many hospital staff in quarantine and several positives.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I believe that there are many, many people that have contracted it and were not diagnosed. Either before testing began, or just thought they had a bug and rode it out.
    Yea, back at Thanksgiving, Jade and I both had allergies, or a sinus infection, she got over it but mine dragged on for a while and after using every type of cold and allergy med with no relief.

I went to urgent care on the 23rd of December. I was told I had pneumonia in my right lung. No testing, no x rays, just a diagnosis and prescriptions. If you have had the 'flu shot, they won't test you for the 'flu, although my symptoms were were all respiratory, and extreme fatigue. Just have to wonder if "IT" was here id December and we didn't know because it really hadn't been identified yet. Or had it?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Anybody else have a hypochondriac in the family that thinks they have the kung flu... then goes out for hours?

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Yea, back at Thanksgiving, Jade and I both had allergies, or a sinus infection, she got over it but mine dragged on for a while and after using every type of cold and allergy med with no relief.

I went to urgent care on the 23rd of December. I was told I had pneumonia in my right lung. No testing, no x rays, just a diagnosis and prescriptions. If you have had the 'flu shot, they won't test you for the 'flu, although my symptoms were were all respiratory, and extreme fatigue. Just have to wonder if "IT" was here id December and we didn't know because it really hadn't been identified yet. Or had it?
    Maybe here in December. Highly unlikely it was here around Thanksgiving. I think the established timeline is probably pretty close to accurate. The growth models closely align.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chiggersngrits View Post
    Today was my last day of work. The ADA shut down all the Dentist a few weeks ago and we have been laying off for 2 weeks. Out of 400 employees we were down to 20 today and have run through all remaining work. It is going to be a weird feeling tomorrow morning not going in. I have only taking a whole weeks vacation once since 1982.
    Are you a dentist or do you provide a service for dentists? Just interested due to the 400 employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter-Gatherer/Reenactor BushCraftPilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Anybody else have a hypochondriac in the family that thinks they have the kung flu... then goes out for hours?
    my brother's diabetic
    Pass the Mountain Dew Please!

So he's not a hypochondriac. What's the deal with your respons

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    So he's not a hypochondriac. What's the deal with your respons
    He's 14.......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ha ha! That helped me feel better- I needed that laugh!