Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

See? Things could be worse.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That made me smile.

BENESSE!

TMI

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 04-05-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Alan - Please accept my condolences on your loss. You and your wife have been through an ordeal and and now she has lost her father to this terrible disease. You and your family will be in my prayers. I am glad that the two of you are feeling better.

Thanks Rick.

Alan

Alan - so sorry for your loss. Hope you and your wife recover completely an quickly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's a bad thing on top of everything else. Stay well. I hope things get better for you all. You're in my prayers
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I just read about the Convalescent Plasma donation thing.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 04-05-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Alan! Smoke sent for your and your wife.

Alan - I've read that you can donate 28 days after contracting the disease or after the second confirmed negative test. It will be interesting to find out what the South Texas Center tells you. Please keep us informed as this could help a lot of folks.

They probably won't answer until tomorrow. Their website says they are going to try to be accepting donations early next week. if it's 28 days then I likely have a ways to go before I can donate. Certainly don't want to donate too early! But I will report what they tell me, hopefully tomorrow.

Alan

Here's a write up from Versiti Blood Center:

"Versiti blood centers, among the first in the U.S. to begin collecting convalescent plasma, is working with its partner hospitals to identify recovered patients. As per the guidelines, hospitals must request FDA approval and work within the EIND guidelines, or other approved IND, in order to treat coronavirus patients with plasma. Donors would be referred to Versiti through hospitals, or the recovered patients' physicians."The potential donors must first be proven to have had a COVID-19 diagnosis through a positive lab test result, and must then have a negative test result 14 days after recovering from symptoms," said Versiti Senior Medical Director Dan A. Waxman, M.D. "It's a very collaborative effort with our hospital partners who will be working to identify and verify the donors." (emphasis is mine)

https://www.ptcommunity.com/wire/con...id-19-patients

That's different from what I read earlier and may be their own requirements. Good luck, Alan.

They are saying that there are up to 50% of the cases that show NO symptoms at all. I'm not sure this is different from any other disease but this one has infected out psyches as well as our bodies and has ramped psychosis to new heights.

Even though I still believe much of the Hype was exactly that, I also believe that some good has come from it. It has raised our awareness on many fronts.
    1. Even a little old flu bug can rampage across the Earth in an Historical blink of the eye.
    2. We are unprepared to deal with that eventuality. Those who would wish us ill, now have seen first hand our vulnerabilities.
    3. We are WAY to dependent on China and other countries for the things we use every day and certainly those thing we will need in an emergency.
    4. Vendors need to VOLUNTARILY have some protocols in place to limit purchases of essential products like disinfectants early on to keep the profiteers and hoarders from creating shortages at a time when they are needed the most.
    5. Governments (Fed, State and local) should actively prepare, replace and stockpile (if we can stockpile the amount of paper used up in a hoax impeachment, we can surely stockpile some face masks. Those will actually be needed) those items that are needed in this sort of crisis. (ie. New York opting NOT to replace 17,000 ventilators that should have been replaced after the last epidemic).

And there's probably more.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 04-05-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Alan, belated condoleneces and prayers for a quick and complete recovery. I am sorry you were burdened with more than your share when the times are already difficult. May what's ahead make up for what we leave behind.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like cats can catch corona virus...(I knew the little devils were out to get us!) Dogs are cool, though.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...virus/2360876/

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00984-8

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It looks like cats can catch corona virus...(I knew the little devils were out to get us!) Dogs are cool, though.
    I’m wearing a mask so no worries.