Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

I do. All I have to do is look in the mirror.

No sarcasm...in survival situations, there are veterinary medicines that you can take....if you know what you're doing.

Of course, not knowing what you're doing is contrary to survival.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

hey rick you can have my shot if you wish.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

If they had a vaccine I promise you I'd be in line to take it!

were all infected
    rick grimes
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

http://kingworldnews.com/greyerz-jus...t-6-12-months/

Pretty bad outlook. If true, I’d forget gold and get land. You can grow enough on an acre for a family of four.

All the gloom and doomers are coming out of the wood work again. Where have they been the last three years? This is not a financial crisis. The banks have good liquidity and we'll recovery nicely once this pandemic is behind us in a month or two.

Yeah one of the concerns should be mental health
    Watching too much TV and scrolling through the internet teteotwawki tellers doesn't help you or your household
    Assuming of course some prep has been done.

Had to go to Lowe’s this morning for plumbing supplies. That was the first time I have been out in town for a couple of weeks. People seem to be more polite.

We're gonna be fine if we follow the guidelines and until a vaccine becomes available. It's the best thing we've got so far. AND we can see what worked in China & South Korea even if we take what the Chinese are saying with a grain of salt. The best way to deal with this virus is to keep from getting it in the first place.

Our economy was strong and healthy before all this and on the way to getting stronger. If anything, perhaps what'll come out of all this is that we'll get back some manufacturing and production of vital supplies back in the US where it should have been in the first place. Look what a difference energy independence has made.

I am hopeful based on the whole picture and based on history. And grateful to live in the US of all places.

Amen. What she said.

Today was my last day of work. The ADA shut down all the Dentist a few weeks ago and we have been laying off for 2 weeks. Out of 400 employees we were down to 20 today and have run through all remaining work. It is going to be a weird feeling tomorrow morning not going in. I have only taking a whole weeks vacation once since 1982.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I worry that when the dust settles we are going to see a bunch of our older physicians retire and there won’t be nearly enough docs to fill the void. Going to lead to NPs and PAs probably taking on a lot more than they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Booth View Post
    I worry that when the dust settles we are going to see a bunch of our older physicians retire and there won’t be nearly enough docs to fill the void. Going to lead to NPs and PAs probably taking on a lot more than they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree. I think your fears are unfounded.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This just pulled into NYC harbor. Majestic, and possibly terrifying.
    Docking manuever starts around the 19minute mark.
    Watch in double speed.
    https://youtu.be/4_u7ps25UDQ
    can't get the video to embed. USNS Comfort Hospital ship.

I got a kick outta some guy on a gardening channel describing how he was going to plow up a raw half acre and plant it for food this summer. Yeah. Good luck with that.
    I'm wondering if people are going to steal my stuff this year, on top of all the other wild life out there eating it.
    Hopefully they don't devolve into that.

I did see an older couple out going through people's trash this morning looking for bottles and cans. They had found a jackpot and were loading the trunk. Struck me as desperate. Last thing I'd want to do right now is go through other people's trash. Help em out. If you don't want to go to the bottle return, at least put them in a bag off to the side. They'll vanish soon enough.
    Last edited by LowKey; 03-30-2020 at 11:04 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

@Cliff Booth
    Assuming you are right (I don't think so), we will just import them through "targeted" immigration. Something we should be doing anyway. Give precedence to people who can contribute to the economy instead of being a drag on the rest of us.
    There are a lot of foreign students currently in US med schools who would probably love a chance to have their visa changed to "permanent resident" so they can remain and work here. I would allow it providing they go where there's most need.

So, no, I am not concerned that there'll be a shortage of medical professionals of any stripe. However, I am always concerned that there's a shortagee of honest politicians.

Our governor is allowing the graduating doctors and nurses to begin their practices under the guidance of other professionals. All they lack is their residency. I don't think this pandemic is a threat to the number of health care professionals that we will have in our country. I think it clearly shows to shortage we have and that will drive the price up which will retain and attract more to the field. Maybe I'm wrong but I think we have been trying to get by with as few as we can for a long time now.

I watch the Comfort pull into New York. Truly impressive. Not to make this political but this demonstrates why a capitalistic economy excels.

In other news...I don't buy into not wearing a mask when out and about. If a mask works in a medical setting it da@m well works in public setting. The mask doesn't know the difference. Wear one even if it is a bandana or a scarf. Put something between your face and the public.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone here actually know anyone that is sick?

I mean other than a case reported on TV or the nephew's girlfriend's distant cousin?

There are about a dozen of us in this conversation and I was just wondering if after all these weeks it has closed in on anyone.

I don't want to be callous, but the anticipated 200,000 deaths is only .005% of the total population. Yes I know every life counts and the death of one .....

But how many sick are among us so far?

And Rick I must say that the "public" thanks you for any barrier between your face and them!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Sadly, I do. She's recovering now, thankfully. I think that will increase in the next few weeks as the numbers increase. I think there are a lot more folks out there with the virus but just haven't been tested.

I consider it my civic duty to do anything I can to assist. I did have a cop caution me that I should wear pants from now on. I told him it was all part of my social distancing plan. He told me it seemed to be working.