Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Well, we'll get through it somehow! I'm still doin' the work-at-home thing so still getting paid. Honestly I'd rather be out there doing my job on site but I suppose I am saving some gas (20 miles each way every day). The governor of MT has pretty much closed down the state except for "essential businesses". Luckily the natl forests and state parks will still be open so there's that. If the weather is decent I'm going to go up to Ousel Falls Park, just past Big Sky, and hike out to the falls. Just bought some badass hiking crampons since I nearly died attempting the same hike last week!

I wash my hands 50 times a day. I dont go to the store. I just read that I was supposed to. Something kept wafting by my nose in my recliner. Familiar scent. Too lazy to get up and search though. Then it hit me. Oh yeah. Rendezvous. Day 5. I need a shower. I dont remember the last time I took my meds either. My great uncle told me stories of people getting cabin fever in the MN winters (before snowmobiles). Maybe...

No you cant have my guns. Kelly's laid claim to all but the AR's. And she really hates the pistol.

I took a LOA. I don’t go back until mid May. Yahoo! I’m lovin the time off. A chance to get some stuff done. I like seeing the steam fog coming off the pond as the sun rises. Watching the wildlife. Digging in the dirt. Feeling a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I took a LOA. I don’t go back until mid May. Yahoo! I’m lovin the time off. A chance to get some stuff done. I like seeing the steam fog coming off the pond as the sun rises. Watching the wildlife. Digging in the dirt. Feeling a breeze.
    are you naked?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    are you naked?
    Almost. Shorts and a t-shirt.

Well. The police havent been here in awhile. And they kinda like me

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I had to push the reset button today and go to the store.

Years of planning, years of buying and I still did not think of everything I would need in a bug in.

So while I was out anyway best I buy food and such.

Walmart was as packed as normal and the people as intrusive as ever, walking right up on you, getting into hugging distance and looking at you like you are crazy for backing away.

I am under the opinion now, after seeing all the people out and about in spite of the "shutdown", that we might need a good plague to thin out the heard. Going to a Walmart in rural Kentucky does not improve your outlook on the future of society.

I am now set for an indefinite period but this "one last trip" might have been the one that gets me. Peak is expected to be mid-April and that puts the highest infection level at right now! Lots of people roaming around, feeling fine and spreading plague.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I'm in for the long haul. I just put a blackberry cobbler in the oven. I'm about to run out of milk but I still have whey milk in reserve. Yeah, I know, but still.

Well, another option is to just go ahead and get it and play your hand.

It's not a good option, ....

Alan

Yeah, my funeral is pre-planned so that could work.

Hunter-Gatherer/Reenactor BushCraftPilot's Avatar

well this probably the longest forum thread i've ever seen

We are nothing if not informative.

Quote Originally Posted by BushCraftPilot View Post
    well this probably the longest forum thread i've ever seen
    Pffffft. We've got threads with thousands of responses.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hunter-Gatherer/Reenactor BushCraftPilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We are nothing if not informative.
    yes thats what ive come to find out hehe
    Pass the Mountain Dew Please!

Well krat. I have a log I make notes in on camps, river trips, road trips, and vous'. Age and such.

ripeness, rankness, length of beards, etc.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Well I did do some thinking before I went out.

First, we have had no reported cases in my county. 15 spread in the three counties to the north but they are family clusters, all 25-30 miles away.

Second, there are no cases hospitalized in my area, meaning the hospitals are not now overloaded and if I do come down with this stuff and have to be hospitalized the resources are relatively unstressed. If I put the trip off it might be forced on me at a latter time when infection on going out was guarenteed.

I did not know about that expected peak thing when I walked through the equal to a Bombay sewer yesterday.

Third was that I needed the stuff I bought to ride out the long term. Long term prepper supplies that I suddenly realized I had not stockpiled due to them not being on my list for some stupid reason. Really made me feel foolish to have to take a risk for something I should have remembered long ago.

I did learn one thing though, as long as there is a Walmart, Costco, Sams Club or Kroger open there will be people out shopping just to go somewhere. People are not going to isolate until they are fined $$$ or shot for being out or gathering in groups.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

So... do I eat the specks or bleach them first?

We hear a lot about using fish medicines for human consumption. A couple in Illinois used Chloroquine phosphate, the malaria drug and a drug used in aquarium fish tanks, to self medicate for coronavirus. He died and she was hospitalized. They were afraid of getting sick so they mixed it in their food. Within 20 minutes, both were extremely ill. Let's be smart.

Really Rick. You of all people should recognize sarcasm.