Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Not to mention George C. Scott. Waitaminit, that's not Gerge C. Scott!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Well, I'll swan. That there is Elvis. Ain't you got a velvet Elvis? Ever body got a velvet Elvis. What kind of a man cave have you got ifin you ain't got a velvet Elvis? Purdy obvious you ain't attractin' no ladies to your man cave ifin you ain't got no velvet Elvis. That's all I got ta say about the matter.

Maybe he is more of a bulldogs playing poker kinda guy?

Yeah, there's that I guess.

I'm most definitely a bulldogs playing poker type of guy. I'd tell you what I think of Elvis (which ain't bad but falls way short of adoration, but I get in trouble when I tell people what I think of Shakespeare, too) but I'd probably get banned. (You know he wasn't the first to make Blue Suade Shoes a hit, right?)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Nope, Carl Perkins wrote Blue Suede Shoes, and Big Mama Thornton recorded Hound Dog 4 years before Elvis.

Perkins was one of Elvis' buddies at Sun Records, (was part of the famous million dollar quartet) and lived in Jackson, TN, about 30 miles east of Memphis. Perkins made more money off the royalties of Elvis than he made on his own recording of BSS.

Perkins stayed rock-a-billy while the rest of the Sun Crew went either pop, country or R&R.

The Beatles claimed that if there had not been a Carl Perkins there would have been no Beatles and they recorded several of his songs. The Stones said the same about Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters.

Big Moma Thornton remained bitter for the rest of her life, claiming that Elvis had stolen her song, when Hound Dog had been a delta blues standard for decades already.

Those guys(Elvis, Cash, Wayland Jennings, Perkins) were all "cover artists" and recorded old standards as well as having a troop of writers feeding them hits. A lot of the songs they rejected were picked up by other artists and turned into hits. Take Me Home Country Roads was written for Johnny Cash.

It did not make them any less good.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-31-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You sound like an aficianado Kyrat. Cool.

I've heard several of the early blues artists do Hound Dog.

Frankly, (and, I guess, perversely) much of my favorite Presley music is his movie songs.

Not really an Elvis fan, never was too much. He was too pop for my tastes as time went on.

Its more like a fan of the history of blues and early rock & roll. I lived down the road from "The Col." when I was young and my life was saturated with the growing music trends. They were headline news where I grew up in Nashville. Sun Records sold off many of those contracts to bigger firms, some of them in Nashville.

I also lived down the road from Flat & Skruggs and my back yard backed up to the Carter Family estate, I went to school with Mama Maybelle's grandchildren. Like I said, it was a music saturated life.

My vacation last year was a trip down the Great River Road, following the route the pioneers took floating their crops to market in Natchez and new Orleans.

At Memphis I jumped to the east side of the river and visited Graceland, Sun Studios, and got on the Blues Highway and drove through the Delta down to Natchez. On the way I diverted to Greenville (Mississippi John Hurt), Indianolia (BB King home place), and places between. Went to the crossroads, laid a quarter on Robert Johnson's tombstone at the Zion Church.

Glad I did now. This virus has put a stop to much of my travel planning this year.

Cool. Aye, I meant "aficianado of modern music."

Dang, we had some schools open last and had students and teachers test positive the very first day. Ain't lookin' good. Schools are alternating in-class one day and virtual learning the next but I think it's going to be all virtual before it's all said and done. What a sad state of affairs. I told the kids I was going to board up the windows and leave shooting ports. I was only half joking.

The more they test the more they find, and the more they find the more they discover that their test is showing antibodies developed as resistance.

Immunity developed after fighting off the disease is showing positive with no symptoms.

Only they won't admit it. They need those positive test results to maintain, and get us used too close controls.

I ain't gonna disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The more they test the more they find, and the more they find the more they discover that their test is showing antibodies developed as resistance.

Immunity developed after fighting off the disease is showing positive with no symptoms.

Only they won't admit it. They need those positive test results to maintain, and get us used too close controls.
    If "they" won't admit it how'd you find out, from the Illuminati?

Well, there are some troublesome folks out here that can do math and when things "they" say don't add up, we think for ourselves. That is, after all, what survivors do, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Well, there are some troublesome folks out here that can do math and when things "they" say don't add up, we think for ourselves. That is, after all, what survivors do, right?
    Yep. Well said.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

good one Wolf
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

....(++1)....
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

When the coronavirus pandemic was in full swing, I wasn't worried about my health at all. Because I am a young guy with good health and I don't have any chronic diseases. I knew that even if I get sick, I can recover quickly.

And munching that spam will help get you through it as well.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.