Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Dear Leader's lead butt will do the job of keeping the economy down. This entire mess didn't need to be occur at all. Given the soup sandwich of a response to this pandemic there's not much chance of getting out of this quickly.

The thing about testing is it's only good for the moment. 30 seconds from now or tomorrow I can become infected. So, if you want to be accurate you have to test everyone on a periodic basis. That's not realistic. We've tested 1.2 million people. I think that's pretty amazing for a little over 2 months for a brand new virus. We've developed a test that is accurate with a quick turn around and tested that many people in 2.5 months.

My verdict is still out on the antibody test until we figure out how long our natural immunity is to this thing.

We do need to re-open doing it in a smart way and monitoring the numbers. We can't stay closed forever. People have to live.

And now we have someone calling the response an "absolute chaotic disaster" as if his handling of a serious illness was any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Dear Leader's lead butt will do the job of keeping the economy down. This entire mess didn't need to be occur at all. Given the soup sandwich of a response to this pandemic there's not much chance of getting out of this quickly.
    I'm curious. What do you think he has done to cause this. What has he done wrong and what could he have done better?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well that thing about huffing and injecting disinfectant is a rather arclight of a "wrong". What he could have done better is kept his mouth shut and let people that know what they're doing do what they do.

He has kept supplies from the states that counter his commands. Etc.

Several countries were already on it before is and time is a serious issue. Other countries already had tests and were willing to share but we had to develop our own tests.

And I don't know where you're getting that out tests are accurate. There are doctors all over the place saying that they have patients that they're sure has the Covid virus that have had a negative result. From what I've seen, our test had a 30% false negative rate.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

This is from John Hopkins. They are not dismissing our testing only recognizing that some false results can occur. I think we all recognize that.

What are limitations to COVID-19 diagnostic tests?

With any diagnostic test, there is the potential for false negatives or false positives. For existing COVID-19 tests in the U.S., there have been reports of false negative tests in some patients. False negative tests can occur if a specimen was not properly obtained or if a patient was tested too early or too late in their infection. Laboratory error is also a possible cause of false negative test results. Conversely, false positive reports are less common.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...e-of-security/

That was just an answer to the test's "accuracy".
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Here are some interesting comparisons. Check out China's numbers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Aye. There are a lot of numbers in there that looks really sketchy. I'm having problems finding anything I feel I can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfvanzandt View Post
    aye. There are a lot of numbers in there that looks really sketchy. I'm having problems finding anything i feel i can trust.
    me too......

Check out who they are:

https://www.worldometers.info/about/

I'm sorta in "ok, we flattened the curve. Can we move on now" mode.
    So over this crap.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Well, we've flattened the curve at between 400 and 2500 new deaths in the US a day. And we aren't really ready for a relapse.

I'm just not so sure that we aren't just putting off the inevitable so I'm not going to say I disagree with you, LowKey.

Frankly, I don't know because we can't trust any of the information we're getting. For instance, how many people are dying because of the socio-economic backwash. How many communities have been split over surgical masks that do very little good. It's all a balancing act and I'm not so sure we've chosen the right balance.

But I don't have any knobs and levers at my disposal. I look at the people who do and just shake my head. I guess I'm just waiting for the air to clear, or for everything to crash and burn.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...zkL/story.html

We're a survival forum. The "next piece" may well be what puts us through our paces.
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 05-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.

I am still of the opinion, that while COVID-19 is a very real thing, it is still being overhyped by the liberal news media for political gain. Of course the liberal politicians are glad to play along.

Many of the questions that are coming up from the media are quite simply, unanswerable by a person interested in giving accurate information. "When will every person in the USA be able to be tested for the virus any time they want to be tested?" The only real answer is "uh, ... never".

"Should regular Americans have the same access to tests that the White House Staff that comes in contact with the President?" What kind of stupidity forms a thought like this our loud? Why not just ask if regular Americans can fly on AF1 any time they want....

That is what this president has to fight against in addition to a plague. He has to fight against half the US wanting him out of office and only that and they are using a disease that is killing people to do it, all the while lamenting that "people are dying"... Uh, yeah... and they are that while the DemocRats are fiddling.

Thanks be to God that we don't have to fight a World War because right now, the DemocRats would be on the side of the enemy for the only reason of getting Trump out of office.

Some twit on the TV today was saying we need more policy on staying at home, more policy on PPE, more policy on social distancing, more policy, more policy, more policy......

More Police State, less freedom, no rights.... Totalitarianism has killed many more people than the Coronavirus...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I am still of the opinion, that while COVID-19 is a very real thing, it is still being overhyped by the liberal news media for political gain. Of course the liberal politicians are glad to play along.

Many of the questions that are coming up from the media are quite simply, unanswerable by a person interested in giving accurate information. "When will every person in the USA be able to be tested for the virus any time they want to be tested?" The only real answer is "uh, ... never".

"Should regular Americans have the same access to tests that the White House Staff that comes in contact with the President?" What kind of stupidity forms a thought like this our loud? Why not just ask if regular Americans can fly on AF1 any time they want....

That is what this president has to fight against in addition to a plague. He has to fight against half the US wanting him out of office and only that and they are using a disease that is killing people to do it, all the while lamenting that "people are dying"... Uh, yeah... and they are that while the DemocRats are fiddling.

Thanks be to God that we don't have to fight a World War because right now, the DemocRats would be on the side of the enemy for the only reason of getting Trump out of office.

Some twit on the TV today was saying we need more policy on staying at home, more policy on PPE, more policy on social distancing, more policy, more policy, more policy......

More Police State, less freedom, no rights.... Totalitarianism has killed many more people than the Coronavirus...

Alan
    That’s right

Who would not want the leader of the free world, regardless of who he is, to be tested every day? I have to agree with you Alan, the questions thrown at him are not ignorant, they are intent on malice. They criticized because the President and VP were not being tested and now they criticize because they are. This thing is reeeeeeal simple. If you don't think it's time to open the county...stay home. If you are in a high risk group...stay home. "But I have to go to work." Then apparently YOU value a pay check more than your health and I don't have any empathy for you. If you fear your job that much then go find another job.

I agree with you Rick on everything but that last part. We'll just disagree on the empathy and the get a new job parts

Well, yeah, that paycheck is sorta base line in this society for the survival of a person and his family....die by Covid or did homeless and starving...what a choice!

It ain't that easy to just "find another job."

Furthermore, I agree about the DemocRats (heh, I saw what you did there). I just don't see that much difference (looking at their past records) from the Republicans. If I were a Democrat (I go by the individual, not the party) I surely wouldn't be able to take umbrage about "those lying Republicans" seeing who the DemocRats are trying to place in the White House. Fact is, I don't like being lied to, period. It sorta does something to my ability to trust a person. Throw in sexual misconduct (groping women that don't want to be groped sorta says something about a person's character, but maybe that's just me), corrupt business practices, voting for policy that demonstrably doesn't work over and over...nope, I don't like either of them and I reiterate, ya'll might get to put your survival skills into practice quicker than you expect.

The most important part of survival includes critical thinking and using one's brain. Choosing a lesser of two evils when there is no other choice is sometimes the only smart thing left to do. Acting on emotion under the guise of sticking to one's principles is not productive and it's amazing how many people just don't get that even though it's playing out every day.

All I'm saying is you have choices. What you choose to do in this life is in your hands. If you believe that strongly that going to your job puts you at risk then don't go. There was a gentleman in a meat packing plant that did just that. I respect that. There are consequences for not going back to work but there might be consequences for returning, too. The choice is yours. You have to do what you think is best. Just don't cry to me that you don't have any choices. That's all I'm saying. You do have.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ealth-concerns