Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Our part of Texas is like rats being let out of a cage.

New Orleans is just as busy as ever, about 25% of the people wearing masks but everyone is doing the SD thing to some degree.

We'll see how "Herd Immunity" thing works.

Alan

Well, I think it will be disastrous but I'm suspect that there's a real chance it will happen anyway. If that's true, then our best bet is the opposite of isolation... it's to learn how to deal with the virus at home and home nursing is a lost art.

But it is part of survival techniques...right?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Wow, sorry Phaedrus. I'm sorry you guys are short on testing. We have all sorts of testing going on in our state and more expanding all the time. We are lucky that we do have several top rated universities in our state and several big pharma labs that have all volunteered access. Maybe that's a difference, I don't know. That said, we have many sites throughout the state where drive through testing can be done as well. One hundred I think.

Weirdly we have one of the top science and tech universities around but no tests. I'd say we have a fairly low amount of cases here but honestly no one really knows how many there are. We have a relatively low amount of deaths but of course, the biggest city in your state has almost as many people as my state. A big, nearly empty state does help slow the spread.

I went to the grocery store and when it came time to check out they had this big X on the floor where I was supposed to stand. No way. I've seen way too many roadrunner cartoons to fall for that one.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Our new governor declared and executive order Monday that prohibited travel from, to, or through KY without a 14 day quarantine. He has gone power mad in a fresh faced, ivy league frat-boy, giggly sort of way.

It was struck down by a federal judge today. Apparently it would require the passengers of any airplane landing in KY to be incarcerated for 14 days, and no one could move through the state even if they did not get out of their vehicle.

You can easily travel through KY north to south in less than 4 hours, on I-24 in less than 3 hours and most vehicles do not even require a fuel stop.

The judge declared the order violated every constitutional statute regarding freedom of movement ever written and carried criminal civil rights penalties.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

There are a few states I'm glad I don't live in right now. Some of them border mine. Seems the governors are playing kick the can with their brains.

I like our governor. So does Trump.

Me too, Mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Our new governor declared and executive order Monday that prohibited travel from, to, or through KY without a 14 day quarantine. He has gone power mad in a fresh faced, ivy league frat-boy, giggly sort of way.

It was struck down by a federal judge today. Apparently it would require the passengers of any airplane landing in KY to be incarcerated for 14 days, and no one could move through the state even if they did not get out of their vehicle.

You can easily travel through KY north to south in less than 4 hours, on I-24 in less than 3 hours and most vehicles do not even require a fuel stop.

The judge declared the order violated every constitutional statute regarding freedom of movement ever written and carried criminal civil rights penalties.
    We had that mandatory 14 day quarantine going on too. But only from specific states, Louisiana being one of them. It began in mid April and was lifted last Friday. Travelers from LA had to self quarantine in a location of their choice for 14 days or until they left Texas. Agents from the DPS would check on you to make sure you were there. Fines and/or jail time were the penalties for non-compliance.

I know I've harped on this before but China really needs to pay for this. It just keeps getting worse. Now there's animals with the virus and this new syndrome that kids are getting up to 4 weeks after exposure. China unleashed this Sh!t on the world. They need to pay for it, Big Time.

Alan

I try to be objective. I don't know whether this virus came from the wet market or escaped from a biolab. I lean toward the latter. I do believe it's naturally occurring and the Chinese might have been working on it for whatever reason. That said, their lack of transparency, secrecy and lies has caused global suffering. They owe the world a huge debt. What they did to their own people is unconscionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I went to the grocery store and when it came time to check out they had this big X on the floor where I was supposed to stand. No way. I've seen way too many roadrunner cartoons to fall for that one.
    I bet you were shopping at the ACME market, eh?
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

I think the wet market excuse is the same as the Benghazi attack was because of a video. China even tried to blame us for giving it to them. They were working on this thing and somebody left Pandora's box open. They are reporting no new cases, which is obviously a blatant LIE.

Alan

Yep
    I guess everyone is lying. Us included. Arkansas and the Dakota's resisted shutting down and they have some of the best outcomes on the Worldometer.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Best outcomes is a bit of a misnomer. If you don't test you don't have much to report. Arkansas has tested 65k. N. Dakota as tested 44K, S. Dakota has tested about 23k. Indiana has tested over 135K. Quite a difference. You also have to look at the geography involved.

Now look at China. A country of 3.8 billion people only has 100,000 cases. India, about half that. They also have 3.8 billion people. Right. I'll believe that. Sure. While the United States, a country with a population of 328 million has tested almost 9 million and is slammed for having the most infections in the world.

Have you ever /tried/ to use an abacus?!

Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it....huh? no I'm talking about politics.

The US has only tested about 3 to 5% of the population last I saw, so we really have no idea how many cases we have either.

We need an antibody test that is accurate.
    Some people get this thing and never know they had it. All those people can go back to work.

Somehow in this past 2 weeks we went from not needing a mask, to mandatory masks in public or it's a $300 fine. It doesn't seem to be about flattening the curve either as our numbers are going down. It's more about not letting people go back to work.

The other thing that sucks is all the restrooms are closed. Had to travel 160 miles to a job site last week. Got into an argument with a gas station owner telling me I couldn't use the restroom due to Covid. I told him him I was more likely to catch the crabs than catch Covid in his restroom and left for the next wide shoulder on the road. TP. Don't leave home without it.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

It is certainly in the DemocRats favor to keep a heavy thumb on the economy. The American people aren't going to stand for much more though. I think even the news media is getting tired of reporting on "coronavirus". They need to be reporting on how we are going to seize all of China's assets to pay for this debacle.

Alan