Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I didn't see anything on the Internet. Do you mean you can have supplied brought to you?
    I believe he meant to type "reinfected".

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I still remember the 1300s. If anyone gets within 5 meters of me they get a fat lip. I say quarantine the whole country. That should cut down on those 20 somethings running all those red lights to get someplace 20 seconds sooner. I'm not worried about toilet paper. No one cares if their dog craps in someone else's yard. They shouldn't mind if I do. What will really mess them up is their inability to get to the vape store. That's what will kill them. They'll starve to death because no one knows how to cook. Everyone eats out. They'll stand in front of their stove just trying to figure out how to turn it on. Some people are so stressed out about this stupid disease. They just need a hug...around the neck...with a rope. Maybe if the government will pass another damn law and tax us that will stop the spread. Hey! Step back. You're getting in my space.

What I am saying is where I live ,how I live and what I have on hand i could stay on May property for 3 years and not leave it . I don't see as a necessary outcome of this but it could be done. The idea is to self isolate before getting infected

And then you get an infected piece of mail and BOOM, you're dead. Or not. It could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And then you get an infected piece of mail and BOOM, you're dead. Or not. It could go either way.
    3.4% of the time, it kills you every time.

There is no phone , power of water lines where I live. USPS ,UPS nor FEDEX delivers where I live . If I stand in the right spot i can hit a cell tower of talk and the radio picks up but no TV

Well, of course you can get reinfected, the same with a cold or the flu. One thing that seems to be contagious is mass insanity.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...f-the-semester

They have a viable option, they can go online.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Less than 20 have been killed by a mountain lion since 1890. Doesn’t mean I want to take a chance. Ask one of the “less than 20”.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Less than 20 have been killed by a mountain lion since 1890. Doesn’t mean I want to take a chance. Ask one of the “less than 20”.
    Damn. I didn’t even realize mountain lions could carry the Coronavirus. The world just got that much scarier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have mountain lions around here. They rarely attack anyone. People that get attacked by mountain lions are almost always provoking the cat. (Like the people who want to have their pictures taken with the cute buffalo or moose). The key to not getting mailed by Bambi or Dumbo, is to understand the animals you might have to deal with. The reason we don't have a problem with the plague around here is that we understand the plague, the fleas and the prairie dogs that carry both.

You survive nature by understanding it...not by prepping
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Lol, that wasn’t my intention but, it’ll work out. Seems like if we help when and where we can, things go pretty good.

I prefer to stay home. I wouldn't go on a cruise at gunpoint. I get seasick at the slightest bit of wave action, so getting the coronavirus would be a blessing at that point. Inland bays and lakes, no problem, ocean, fetal position praying for death.

#1 wife woke up with fever last night. Trip to Germ Central (the Dr office), UTI, got a shot and some antibiotics, cardiologist for her tomorrow too. My two days of exposure to all the germs will be over until Thursday when I have to have my bloodwork done so I can find out I used to be perfectly healthy before I went to Doctor's offices three days in a row.

How long could I go with what is in the house? Indefinitely. Well water, vegetable garden and about 20 deer troop by the back fence every evening not to mention various sundry birds, squirrels, and such that inhabit the spread. Besides, I just don't eat that much any more....

The big problem would be meds. They come in 30 day supplies. I used to take half doses and get standard refills. That would give me some wriggle room if TSHTF. Probably should start doing that again.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I prefer to stay home. I wouldn't go on a cruise at gunpoint. I get seasick at the slightest bit of wave action, so getting the coronavirus would be a blessing at that point. Inland bays and lakes, no problem, ocean, fetal position praying for death.

#1 wife woke up with fever last night. Trip to Germ Central (the Dr office), UTI, got a shot and some antibiotics, cardiologist for her tomorrow too. My two days of exposure to all the germs will be over until Thursday when I have to have my bloodwork done so I can find out I used to be perfectly healthy before I went to Doctor's offices three days in a row.

How long could I go with what is in the house? Indefinitely. Well water, vegetable garden and about 20 deer troop by the back fence every evening not to mention various sundry birds, squirrels, and such that inhabit the spread. Besides, I just don't eat that much any more....

The big problem would be meds. They come in 30 day supplies. I used to take half doses and get standard refills. That would give me some wriggle room if TSHTF. Probably should start doing that again.

Alan
    Is this bait?

I'm taking notes about who I'll be visiting...just for a few days, mind you.

Hey Alan, those waves go Uuuup, then they go doooown. Then they go uuuup then they go doooown.

Quote Originally Posted by Clif
    mountain lions could carry the Coronavirus
    Only the Zombie ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey Alan, those waves go Uuuup, then they go doooown. Then they go uuuup then they go doooown.

Only the Zombie ones.
    Stooooooop!

Alan

Is this bait?
    Only if the trolls are biting...

Alan

Is this bait?
    One time I tried to go on a snapper fishing trip with my two oldest sons. I took dramamine for two days and didn't eat on the day of. I was alright on the trip out there and caught one snapper. Then ...... it happened. I was hanging off the stern chumming. Don't know what I was throwing up but there was plenty of it.

If the boat was stopped I was laying on the floor in the cabin. When the skipper would move to another reef I would go out and check on the boys. When the boat stopped, I would chum then back to the cabin. When we got back to the dock I stepped on the dock and it was over. No more sick... Damnedest thing. I love to fish, but not offshore.

Alan

which one is it?

which one is it?
    Not sure I understand the question then.

Alan