Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

I haven’t been bored. I planted 200 olive trees this week. 100 to go. Planted onions this morning. I need to prep for more garden space for squash, cucumbers and beans.

While I'm stuck at home I've decide to start working out. I've decided to start doing sit ups. I did a half of one when I got up this morning and I'll finish it when i go to bed tonight. Gotta start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Get out the bored games.

Bored, who's bored?!
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Welcome to Earth, Virus Fighter!

My nephew's wife, COVID-19 assessment unit Midland Hospital.

Alan

I'm not going to say anything about people with too much time on their hands. We all have plenty of time on our hands now.

I have a good hobby, though, people on the trail are taking the "social distancing" thing to heart.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    While I'm stuck at home I've decide to start working out. I've decided to start doing sit ups. I did a half of one when I got up this morning and I'll finish it when i go to bed tonight. Gotta start somewhere.
    I get out of my lounger at least twice a day to pee.

My Lazy Boy is electric so I can't claim it. Of course I do have to reach for the button so there's that.

I'm essential services, first time in my career
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Me too. I keep the mailman, the water dept., the sewer dept, the power company and the sandman employed.

I'm finding out what retirement might be like. Except for the phone calls from work. Hey, if you didn't need me there, maybe you don't need to be calling me twice an hour either. Hard to tune up the boat motor with the phone always ringing. Sheesh.
    I'd be digging up more yard for garden, but we got snow on Monday and it is not melting. Tossed a bag of old crusty potting soil over the main garden that is half prepped for spring planting (the other half in the shade is still a bit soggy.) Maybe that will work to melt it off. Onions seedlings are sitting in the cold frame waiting to go in the ground.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Took a break from planting and tilling. Caught a little bass. Released him. Nice day. The wind is keeping the nats away.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Took a break from planting and tilling. Caught a little bass. Released him. Nice day. The wind is keeping the nats away.
    Dang, Reb! Sounds like a distant dream to me.

Here in the war zone, this is how we keep ourselves busy indoors (compliments of Mr. B):

Attached Images Attached Images

If anyone mentions housework, chores or yardwork during this quarantine, may I direct you to the President's 15 day guidelines. None of those items are listed. Be an American. Follow the rules!

I am!

Attached Images Attached Images

Dang, we surpassed the other country’s in confirmed cases. Something ain’t right.

Not too sure you can believe the numbers coming out of some countries. When China was reporting 1,900 cases a whistle blower said there were over 90,000. She has not been heard from since.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That’s what I thought about “ain’t right “.

I made the Mrs. a candle light spaghetti dinner. We’re enjoying this seclusion. Hope all stay safe and happy.

I'm not so sure you can trust the numbers coming out of /this/ country, either.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.