Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    @WVZ....For me it's a no brainer. If I am facing certain death without the drugs or a shot at recovery with them, I am going for that shot. I'll take any chance no matter how low if it gives me a chance of recovery.

Of course we are all different but I hope the decision of having a shot at life is left to us not some govt. people.
    If you are facing certain death it might be too late. It’s my understanding that it doesn’t actually kill the virus, just stops it from replicating. So you’d preferably want to get on it fairly soon when your symptoms started getting severe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I'm shooting for this month. Crash will probably win. Yeah, I have low self-esteem.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I think I have a plan worked out. In place of a C95 mask, I'm going to use the hong. That should kill any and all life forms, terrestrial or alien AND it should ensure social distancing. I just love it when a plan comes together. That's a win/win. Well, for me.

Benesse, in that case maybe, but I would bwant better information than what's on the Internet. Are you in a high risk group?

Cliff, why do you think that?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Benesse, in that case maybe, but I would bwant better information than what's on the Internet. Are you in a high risk group?

Cliff, why do you think that?
    Think what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think I have a plan worked out. In place of a C95 mask, I'm going to use the hong. That should kill any and all life forms, terrestrial or alien AND it should ensure social distancing. I just love it when a plan comes together. That's a win/win. Well, for me.
    Are you saying that you are not a life form, or is not self detrimental?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Actually, I know how you know. That was a dumb thing I said about the virus resulting from a misuse of antibiotics
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think that probably has the potential to start a new epidemic of some sort...

Alan

Well I just lost breakfast.

I think this guy is competing with Rick and his hong.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.21.50 AM.jpg

I just got riffed this morning. All Massachusetts "non-essential" business have been shut down. Taking 2 week vacay then possibly unemployment depending on how long this lasts. This is far far worse than the crash in 2008. At least then we could still work, with work-sharing, and were still getting a 4 day paycheck. Wonder if the local grocery is hiring.
    Last edited by LowKey; 03-24-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I read that 30% unemployment is possible for the second quarter. Might have to consider extended families. Like the Waltons.

Default Serious report out of UK

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from "Miffed" to "Peeved."
    Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. The virus has been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued "A Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada. The Scotts have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's Get the Bastard." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

They are all in my thoughts and prayers.

This time it might kill you too. We all barely survived as it was.

We got you B. C’mon down to the south. We grow year around.

Going to get real ugly, thousands of NYPD are out sick.

Still way too many people in denial. We’re not China. We’re not Italy. We’re not Spain. We’re not NYC.

We are a big country and certain areas likely won’t feel much from this at all for awhile. But most of the areas that aren’t in bad shape are just earlier in the timeline. I wished we’d just rip off the bandaid and do a 2 week shutdown nation wide. A lot of people do not seem to be taking these local measures very seriously.

You are going to have to be quarantined but you have a choice. A. You can be quarantined with your wife and kids or B....

B. I'll take B. Definitely B.

Get out the bored games.