Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Default Hydroxychloroquine

Don't know about any of you but God forbid, I'm in the dire straits, I'd try anything that could possibly work, anecdotal (according to Anthony Fauci) or not.

In my opinion there are too many instances in COVID-19 cases where it did work so why not go for it? I agree with Trump here and I have always believed in the patient's right to try. Especially when you consider the alternative.

Another compelling story:
    Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

And even better, as confirmed by Dr. Oz on Fox at 7:10am--a combo of 2 drugs. (see graph in the article)
    This article was published on March 19, but the study was done earlier. The results are amazing if only the US can get the drugs readily available everywhere.
    " the results showed that while hydroxycholoroquine was effective on its own as a treatment, when combined with azithromycin it was even more effective, and by a significant margin."
    https://news.yahoo.com/french-study-finds-anti-malarial-151255085.html

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    And even better, as confirmed by Dr. Oz on Fox at 7:10am--a combo of 2 drugs. (see graph in the article)
    This article was published on March 19, but the study was done earlier. The results are amazing if only the US can get the drugs readily available everywhere.
    " the results showed that while hydroxycholoroquine was effective on its own as a treatment, when combined with azithromycin it was even more effective, and by a significant margin."
    https://news.yahoo.com/french-study-finds-anti-malarial-151255085.html
    Yea, get it out there

Reb, couldn't open it.

We have got to teach you how to post links.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...-floor-no-beds

I wonder if those were patients waiting to see a doctor since later in the vid there are a number of patients sitting in chairs.

I see that. The video was taken at a hospital in Spain. People laying on the floor coughing because of the lack of beds.

Thanks Rick

Either way, I would not want to be one of those patients. It's obvious the facility is overwhelmed. Who knows if that is an overflow from the emergency room or an overflow from an overflow.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Kentucky just shut down all "nonessential" retail activity. Grocery stores, gas stations, repair shops and liquor stores are the only thing to remain open after 8 pm tonight.

I have been warned, by what I consider a reliable source, that his job will be taken over by the National Guard in 2 weeks. It has already been decided, but not announced.

We are about to go into the "isolation enforcement stage" as the illnesses increase.

My stupid neighbors are mowing their lawns with gas they may need to plant those same pampered areas into veggie patches in a few weeks.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I would be careful with this anti-malarial drugs. A few people in Nigeria are dead from overdose. If you’re really sick, I’m sure you can sign some kind of waiver and get the doc to administer it, but I wouldn’t attempt to handle that yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also skeptical about the antibiotic. Viruses don't usually respond to antibiotics and their overuse is one of the reasons we're in this mess anyway.

You know who will be hurt by this? Small businesses. Amazon, Walmart, and Wells Fargo won't go down. If it looks bad for them, they'll be bailed out.

That woman who died in isolation? I wonder if anybody was there helping get or if they were all quarantined or social distancing. It's not the socialized medicine that killed her.

There was a post on the statistics Reddit about s project yo predict when 90% of the world population will have been touched by a personal tragedy because of the virus. It occurred to me that, at this time, I don't know (personally) a single person who has been diagnosed with vthe virus, but my whole generation before me was taken out by cigarettes. Priorities.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Israel is sending millions of doses of the anti-malarial drugs to the US.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

In Nigeria, they were self administering and they overdosed. These drugs have to be given under Dr's care and monitored.

If you are quickly deteriorating and these drugs were your only option to stay alive, I'd ask...what do you have to loose?

Additionally, they have been used for many, many years. Granted, maybe not in these combinations, but if it was me I would want the chance if it came to that. Right to try was fantastic legislation that was passed a while back.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, your life.

Viruses are not living organisms. They're active chemicals that can link into cell machinery and copy themselves.

Anti-parasitics like antimalarials are rough drugs because they have to kill things that are very much like our own cells. They're poisonous to the malarial pathogen and they're poisonous to us.

If they're attacking the virus, they're doing it indirectly.

Most of the people on this board will have no permanent harm from this virus but a lot of the behaviors I'm seeing will not only kill Grandma, they're going to kill society.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

@WVZ....For me it's a no brainer. If I am facing certain death without the drugs or a shot at recovery with them, I am going for that shot. I'll take any chance no matter how low if it gives me a chance of recovery.

Of course we are all different but I hope the decision of having a shot at life is left to us not some govt. people.

Hey B, a few years ago y’all visited family out west if I recall correctly. Any thoughts about leaving the city?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I'm also skeptical about the antibiotic. Viruses don't usually respond to antibiotics and their overuse is one of the reasons we're in this mess anyway.

You know who will be hurt by this? Small businesses. Amazon, Walmart, and Wells Fargo won't go down. If it looks bad for them, they'll be bailed out.

That woman who died in isolation? I wonder if anybody was there helping get or if they were all quarantined or social distancing. It's not the socialized medicine that killed her.

There was a post on the statistics Reddit about s project yo predict when 90% of the world population will have been touched by a personal tragedy because of the virus. It occurred to me that, at this time, I don't know (personally) a single person who has been diagnosed with vthe virus, but my whole generation before me was taken out by cigarettes. Priorities.
    Overuse of antibiotics is a very serious problem but is not in any way related to this zoonotic virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk