Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

The FL Gov has temporarily shut down several beaches that are popular for spring break. I would imagine that as these people that think their right to party is more important than somebody else's health will migrate to other beaches. Those will probably get shut down as well. The Gov's statement was ---- your party is over. Go home.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The state campgrounds closed. But tons of spring breakers remain.

Y’all keep ‘em. Put them to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Booth View Post
    A good portion of them very well may be indestructible as far as COVID-19 is concerned. The problem is they act as carriers. The more people walking around the virus the higher the chance that Grandma with emphysema gets it and dies, likely after occupying up a hospital bed some other patient desperately needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well that's about to change and there's a rude awakening about to hit the clueless. They are not so invincible as they were led to believe so if they didn't care about infecting grandma they'll care about their own self-absorbed hide.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/20-yea...3922-720512843

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The FL Gov has temporarily shut down several beaches that are popular for spring break. I would imagine that as these people that think their right to party is more important than somebody else's health will migrate to other beaches. Those will probably get shut down as well. The Gov's statement was ---- your party is over. Go home.
    The Gov should have thought about it BEFORE they showed up. If the bars and restaurants and the liquor stores were closed it wouldn't have been half as much fun showing up. Now, after rubbing elbows with their fellow snowflakes, they'll go home and pass it on to their elders. Smart thinking all around.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    The Gov should have thought about it BEFORE they showed up. If the bars and restaurants and the liquor stores were closed it wouldn't have been half as much fun showing up. Now, after rubbing elbows with their fellow snowflakes, they'll go home and pass it on to their elders. Smart thinking all around.
    Those things are all closed and have been. There is no accounting for the entitled class and the stupid. Mrs. Crash and I went for a walk on one of our favorite beaches (skipping the gym that we usually hit 4 times a week) where we walked five miles and only saw 2 other people. We have always planned our outings to avoid too much human contact. Now more than ever.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Gas in San Antonio $1.70 and dropping.

Alan

http://https://americanmilitarynews....edium=facebook
    Every state might as well go ahead and do the same right now.

Kelly and I are doing some home maintenance for a few days then getting back out to the fresh air and few people. Maybe a multi day river trip. Also going to see if we can stock up some old (er) farts with grub so they dont have to expose themselves.

Agreed. No need to fool around with half measures and stretch this thing out longer. Go all in now and hopefully we can get back to work quickly and get that economy back on it’s feet.

In the meantime, if you’ve got some spare money.... whoo baby you’ll be able to get some stocks at close out prices right after they announce a shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Curb your optimism Cliff, this is just the first wave.

Historically plagues sweep through on a first wave, then after the population is exhausted they mutate slightly to avoid the immune resistance that has built up and the second wave is the one that kills the most.

The second wave usually hits about when everyone thinks it is all over.

Then they repeat for two-five years before they wipe out their host population and have only the resistant left. As some of the survivors grow older they develop those diseases that the plague thrives on and it turns into what we consider the "normal" death rate only because the % of dead made up of the aging or already sick.

That is why the deaths from the "common flu" are accepted to the point that more than half our nation refuses to take a flu shot.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Curb your optimism Cliff, this is just the first wave.

Historically plagues sweep through on a first wave, then after the population is exhausted they mutate slightly to avoid the immune resistance that has built up and the second wave is the one that kills the most.

The second wave usually hits about when everyone thinks it is all over.

Then they repeat for two-five years before they wipe out their host population and have only the resistant left. As some of the survivors grow older they develop those diseases that the plague thrives on and it turns into what we consider the "normal" death rate only because the % of dead made up of the aging or already sick.

That is why the deaths from the "common flu" are accepted to the point that more than half our nation refuses to take a flu shot.
    The peak of this thing is predicted to be end of April early May. Need to get things under control before then. This thing likely swings back through in the Fall, but that's a ways off. We'll have time to prepare. PPE, quarantine units, ventilators, and hopefully effective drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Those things are all closed and have been. There is no accounting for the entitled class and the stupid. Mrs. Crash and I went for a walk on one of our favorite beaches (skipping the gym that we usually hit 4 times a week) where we walked five miles and only saw 2 other people. We have always planned our outings to avoid too much human contact. Now more than ever.
    So I suppose a wolfpack gathering this year is out of the question?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Any time I'm feeling low, I look up to Kyrat to cheer me up.

Getting bad in NYC.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I asked Arnold where he found the toilet paper and he told me.

"Aisle B, Back."

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I've got my plan down for the rest of the quarantine. I'm going to sleep until I'm hungry then eat until I'm sleepy. I've been working on it for a couple of days now and it seems pretty solid to me.

In other news.........all of the neighborhood lawns and yards are looking good.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sure would be nice to stop repetition without the stink-eye. Ie. gotta get my hair done because it’s Friday. Any suggestions,