Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't know how many saw the President's speech yesterday but Google is working on a website that will allow you to input your symptoms then tell you if you should be tested for the coronavirus. If YES then you will be able to drive to a Walmart, CVS, Target or Walgreens and be tested in the parking lot and receive the results in 24-36 hours. Drive through testing. I thought that was pretty innovative thinking. Google has some 1400+ programmers working on the website and it's supposed to be up and running shortly. There is supposed to be another announcement Sunday so we'll see.
    I watched it and was very encouraged. Hope they can pull it all off with lightning speed because we'll need it. Wouldn't it be great if for once the whole country--the government and private sector united for the greater good of the country?

Very informative. I had never seen him or his vids. Thanks for posting.

In other news....

Chuck Norris contracted coronavirus and now the disease has been quarantined for 14 days.

Chuck Norris' tears are the vaccine for the virus but he has never cried so they can't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    In more promising news they are learning that anti-malarials may stop covid19’s replication process.

That’s a cheap, easily produced drug that even the poorest countries have on hand. Could be a huge break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be good news, Cliff!

And...gin and tonic isn't all that bad!

Remember, listen to your Government. They know best. They're not foaming at the mouth imagining controlling the masses over a new flu.

Reading an article on Fox News this morning. A nurse in Colorado got the CV and made this statement about the symptoms....

“We got back and my muscles ached, my bones ached and my joints ached really bad,” Merck said. “It felt like someone was stabbing me with an ice pick ..."”

“I felt really short of breath, I felt very fatigued,— whenever I stand, I feel like I’m going to faint.’”

I'm thinking, "Shoot, I've had the CV for ten years now!"

Alan

And...gin and tonic isn't all that bad!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-4VNr6R0S4
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Please take a listen on what meds are OK to take under what circumstances. Also, this doctor has Youtube posts daily as things develop around the world and it's really useful to follow to try to make sense of it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWo5lmWuZI

What good, exactly, is a shelter-in-place order if you're not coordinating the effort with the surrounding states?
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/san-fr...n-place-order/

Coincidence this is Pelosi's constituency?
    (Remove that if too political.)
    Last edited by LowKey; 03-16-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Whew, The Kentucky Derby has now been postponed until September, Keenland has been canceled. Kentucky, and Louisville in general will be raising taxes to cover for the lost revenue. Except they have shut down all in dining restaurant and bars for at least three weeks, possibly as long as 8 weeks, depending on how this is playing out at that time. So, no green beer this year, unless you are DIY.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Never found green beer to be a necessity to party on St. Patrick's day. Actually, I kind of avoid it.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

St. Patricks Day has been ruined for me for a long time. Several years ago I had a female employee tell me she had dyed a part of her anatomy for St. Patrick's Day. I told her that was waaaay too much information to be sharing with her boss. St. Patrick's Day has made me a bit ill ever since. I can't get that memory out of my head.

I've got a lot of Irish blood in my veins and I've certainly done my part in keeping my kinsmen from ruling the world, but, even in my most inebriate, needful state,

I would not "Go Green"!

Alan

I've never had green beer, and avoid it and anything to do with St. Patrick's day since my kids were little, and their dad decided he was going out with his co-workers for green beer after work one year. He never gave me money to buy groceries or buy diapers for the babies, and we had two in diapers at the time. It was HIS money, and he was the one who would spend it how he saw fit. I reminded him that we had not bought groceries yet, and we needed diapers so don't spend too much money.

He swore that he was only going to go drink one beer an then be home before 6, and when he finally showed up around 11:00. I was livid. I had reheated supper so many times trying to keep it hot so he could eat when he got home and was standing there rewarming it yet again when he walked in. I could tell he was drunk, and he had driven from Louisville, 30 miles to get home, VERY drunk. He walked in with a big grin on his face, that did not last long when I turned around and he saw just how pi$$ed I was.

I knew he had no money left. But I asked him if he had kept grocery and diaper money and he laughed and said he had no money left, but that I could pull money out of what I had hidden, he knew I had money hidden somewhere,he was still grinning while he was talking about my hidden money. I didn't work with three small kids, I would pay more in daycare than what I was making when I did work, so we had agreed that I would stay home until they were in school, but he never gave me anything more than the change out of his pocket when he cashed his check, there was no hidden money.

When he told me to calm down, he almost wasn't fast enough when his favorite coffee mug crashed behind him against the door. I slammed the cabinet door I had opened to get a plate for his food, but grabbed the mug instead when he opened his mouth, I told him less than politely to never EVER tell me to calm down again, shut the stove off and went to bed. and the whole time I could hear him ranting about how it was HIS money and he'd do what he wanted to with it. I reminded him that I knew his social security number and that he was going to need two more jobs to afford the child support if HE didn't SHUT UP.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

St. Patricks Day has been ruined for me for a long time. Several years ago I had a female employee tell me she had dyed a part of her anatomy for St. Patrick's Day. I told her that was waaaay too much information to be sharing with her boss. St. Patrick's Day has made me a bit ill ever since. I can't get that memory out of my head.
    Rick, I heard a joke(?) once about a young female (early twenty's) who was brought into the ER of a hospital very i'll and in much abdominal pain. She had purple hair, multiple piercings and she also had dyed that part of her anatomy green. Above the area was a tattoo of a small lawnmower and the words "Keep Off the grass" beside the mower.

It turns out, she is suffering from appendicitis, and was rushed into emergency surgery. Several hours later when she woke up, she lifted the sheets to see the surgical sight. On her stomach beside the mower, the doctor had written a note of his own. " Sorry, I had to mow the Lawn".

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Now that right there is funny. Gotta love a doc with a good sense of humor.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel