Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

ITALIAN MAYORS--TCB & Kicking A$$. Our mayors can learn something from them instead ow waiting for the state and fed govt. to tell them what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxtGJsnLgSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYPPTXUIY2U

A flamethrower. I love it. That would get the message across! We need that attitude over here. The governor of Georgia just opened the beaches!!!! How dumb do you have to be? Someone should pelt him with peaches!!!!

Some of the states are trying to ignore the feds (Trump) and control the spread of the virus, but then Trump withholdings aid.

On the other hand, my son's-in-law family is from Italy. You don't want the US to be like Italy. Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    You don't want the US to be like Italy. Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.
    Hardly any danger of that any time soon. But "we" could definitely use more straight talk especially at a time like this. Why we have to coddle people and prevaricate is beyond me.

Case in point, hot off the press: NYC to begin temporarily burying corona victims in local parks. If that's not serious I don't know what is.. An

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/nyc-to...5221-720512843

We could definitely use some strong citizen activism.

You should, though, understand that NY is a special case. Just a cursory glance at the statistics that compare states shows that. The population density (my past harping on overpopulation that people don't believe is happening) and the fact that NY State ticked our POTUS (who is obviously rather vindictive) off are two big factors.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Wolf VZ, I agree with you. I am mostly mad at NYC govt. and residents for not being more responsible. A close friend who lives nearby has been in denial herself, refusing to educate herself and understand what's at stake. Here in NYC and now. If someone in WY is in denial, they can afford to be. We can't.

What we are dealing with is different from say, people who engage in bad habits that are lethal for their health. Their body, their choice, their gamble. Covid 19 is contagious to everyone and stretches the resources we do not have. Now it's no longer about individual choice...unless that choice is to stay home.

Aye, a quicker response would have saved a lot of lives.

Got this today. Matches what Rick posted earlier.

"Thank you for contacting STBTC about convalescent plasma donations. The regulatory requirement directed to blood centers, for now, is only patients that have documentation of a positive COVID-19 test result qualifies for convalescent plasma donations. We are required to have documentation for a positive test result and then a negative test result for COVID-19 post 14 days from a patient's last symptom in order to be qualified to donate plasma."

Alan

Sites to help with the math.
    https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/in.../united-states daily total US deaths for all causes in real time
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ daily covid19 deaths in all countries
    https://www.macrotrends.net/countrie...tes/death-rate interactive chart to find deaths for various years

Default Not bad in a pinch

At least no one is going to blame you for taking away supplies intended for those on the front lines.

I know that no one on this forum is capable of being bored. But for some of us stuck inside, this is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Wolf VZ, I agree with you. I am mostly mad at NYC govt. and residents for not being more responsible. A close friend who lives nearby has been in denial herself, refusing to educate herself and understand what's at stake. Here in NYC and now. If someone in WY is in denial, they can afford to be. We can't.

What we are dealing with is different from say, people who engage in bad habits that are lethal for their health. Their body, their choice, their gamble. Covid 19 is contagious to everyone and stretches the resources we do not have. Now it's no longer about individual choice...unless that choice is to stay home.
    NY leadership was encouraging people to get out and have fun even into March. Colossal failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, quite a colossal failure, which of course, they are all conveniently forgetting. Thank God it's all on tape and thanks to Hannity, it does get some airing here and there. Unfortunately, Hannity is preaching to the choir so those who need to see it, aren't.

When Trump suspended travel from China is when I kicked into higher gear with preps and by the end of February I was on full alert...due to the fact that I can read.

Sadly, much of the advice that was given was ignored because of the source, which was purely a political decision IMO. Those decisions should cost those leaders their jobs.

Additionally a lot of the advice was given with the best intentions with the information that was available at the time. Dr. Fauci has become the face of reason for many. Just in case you missed it.......as late as January 21st he didn't think CV was going to be a problem for the United States. Just ten days later Trump shut down travel from China (and was widely criticized for it). Here was Dr. Fauci on the 21st. https://saraacarter.com/jan-flashbac...united-states/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Honest to Pete, how smart do you have to be to figure out a face mask? Some of our elected officials seem to have a great deal of difficulty figuring it out. It's not COVID-19 science. You see plenty of news outlets mocking the Pres but no one bothered to mock the Senator. Interesting.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Went to the Navy Exchange today to pick up a few things. You cannot enter unless you are wearing a face mask. Seems reasonable to me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Saw it coming in January. The Practioner Mrs. said no way. Well....

All the masks and gloves and bubble suits are fine, but I think the way we're going to beat this thing is to go into it healthy. It seems like it's slowing a bit but as soon as the guard drops we will see a resurgence.

You better eat your fruits and vegetables and drink all your milk.

I do know one thing though and that is:

China needs to pay for this. We need to absolve any debt we have with them to pay for the trillions of dollars this is costing us. They aren't even trying to rectify the situation. They are continuing to operate in probably the most unsanitary conditions possible and then continue to lie about and hide the dire problems THEY have visited on the rest of the World. Their Communist system has failed, failed their people and imperiled the human population of the Earth. They should pay for that.

It boggles my mind that one of the oldest if not THE oldest civilization on Earth cannot raise their people out of "Cave Man" status.

Alan

We (read that any way you want) blocked further stimulus to small business this week and now someone wants to sent 5 billion in aid to Iran. I'm all for humanitarian aid but can't they at least stop attacking us first?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...g-iraq-attacks

Could another war come from this? Smells like pre-WWII.