Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

You answered your own question, Wolf. "I'm not interested in being rich". That's why 6.21 percent are millionaires. 7.6 million households. That's a seven percent rise by the way.* No one wants to do want it takes to become one yet a lot of people are willing to chastise them for having the work ethic to to do it. As for Trump running the country, I can stand for a lot of that. The numbers speak for themselves. I wish other politicos would pay attention and learn something.

Well said, Alan.

* https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/...ked/index.html

Crash, you're right that it's nowhere as simple, but that's why a lot of people don't vote. They don't think their votes does any good.

Seems you're right about the American Dream, though.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...dream-2016.asp

So, I've been giving all these reasons that neither Trump not Biden should be president with little to no argument.

So why are ya'll supporting Trump?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

What numbers Rick?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx

When half the country liked you and half doesn't, how's that good. It's about what just about every other president has done.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Record unemployment across all sectors, record employment*, record stock market, 12,000 factories in the last three years, replacing NAFTA with USMCA, signing a $2B trade deal the China, requiring UN partners to increase their share of contributions, energy independence, one of the largest tax cuts and reforms, we became a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957, got rid of the Iran deal, signed a deal with the EU to increase U.S. exports, strengthened our borders. Should I keep going?

* I won't quibble about the term 'record'. Most are while others are the first time in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    So, I've been giving all these reasons that neither Trump not Biden should be president with little to no argument.

So why are ya'll supporting Trump?
    No argument because this isn't the place for it. I'm voting for Trump because he has done what he has promised to do (unusual for a politician to keep promises) and the reason that I voted for him. He is doing exactly what I want him to do. For far too long conservatives have just "taken" it.

His stances on things like trade, the economy and illegal immigration have been consistent. Listen to his interview with Oprah from 1988.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

First, he said he wouldn't run. But on a more serious note, he said we need friends. Who's our foreign friends.

But, what is this thread about? Oh yeah. The Corona virus. What's gonna happen next year when it comes back?

I would hope that the virus has made it clear that survival is an everyday activity. Everyday survival may not be as intense as survival in a crisis but the crisis is why it's everyday.

Big out bags and bug in bunkers are just tools and the may not even be there when you need it. The necessary tools are a fit body and mind. Prepping should be about building personal Independence and the ability to handle and repulse attacks from our environment. That has to be an ongoing effort.

That's what our answer to Corona 19 should be.

I am certainly voting for Trump for all the reasons Rick and Crash mentioned. His vision for the country closely aligns with mine and his accomplishments confirm he can get it done even under the most corrupt opposition.

As far as friends, what friends?! We hardly had any to begin with. UK for sure, but the rest were just enjoying our money and willingness to go along to get along. Glad that has stopped, glad a leader is finally putting his country and people ahead of anyone else. A patriotic president...what an outrageous notion!

The necessary tools are a fit body and mind. Prepping should be about building personal Independence and the ability to handle and repulse attacks from our environment. That has to be an ongoing effort.

That's what our answer to Corona 19 should be.
    I agree. And may I add that national prepping should also be about the same things especially independence from predatory countries.

Aye, like Russia and North Korea.

Rick, that's one of the biggest myths that keep people trapped. If anyone can become wealthy, why is it that only 3 percent of the population in 2018 is worth a million or more. A billion? 1 in548,715. The American dream is for a very few and most started rich.

I'm not interested in being rich and I'm certainly not interested in doing the damage it takes to get there, but the dream of getting rich in America is, for most just that, a dream.

And I have no idea what you're talking about in relation to me fulfilling my dream. I already have and retired at 60.
    I think you’d be surprised how many millionaires are first generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historic US Space Launch today!
    Private sector.
    Self starter.
    Billionaire.
    Immigrant.
    Only in America.

So proud.

T-Minus 18 minutes. Watching at Nasa.gov XXXXX they scrubbed the launch due to weather. Blah. Launch rescheduled for Saturday at 3:22 pm Eastern.

The pressure is really on not to screw this up.

Alan

I was looking forward to the launch. Not sure if I'll see the re-scheduled launch. I should be on a small boat in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    ..... I should be on a small boat in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
    Now, you have my attention. Space ship launches come and space ship launches go, but fishing trips are another thing....

Alan

I guess it's like the transporter in Star Trek. You gotta break some eggs before you can get it right.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/23/80864...omemade-rocket

Yeah, I'm rooting for the space cowboys.

Banned

So the UK is having a lockdown this Monday. I wonder what does the government wait for declaring a curfew already. It could simply solve both of their problems... I wish we could have a similar approach to the European people. I mean my mother locked herself up in her SPAM Jail since the outbreak started and she says that everyone in their neighborhood behaves like that. They don't go outside as long as there is no something very urgent and important appears and don't need a curfew at all. But here, unfortunately, it's always a matter to discuss.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-02-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: stupid spammer

I guess it's like the transporter in Star Trek. You gotta break some eggs before you can get it right.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/23/80864...omemade-rocket

Yeah, I'm rooting for the space cowboys.
    (hi, new guy who's lurked)

That poor man had to have known he was going to die in that contraption. Rooting for Elon Musk though. Might be one of the only good things that happens all year.

Aye, we really need something positive after the start of this year.