Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Hell's bells, I knew it was a matter of time!
    Wish we had a vaccine for that, Rick.

Looks like he's lost some weight during the lockdown.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Not enough

It has been years, years since that pic has been posted. There have been a lot of new members join...I mean spammers that needed running off....yeah, that's what I meant, spammers. (And she didn't even compliment me on my boots. Now that is hurtful. Then again, maybe she didn't even notice my boots.)

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Things are getting serious fellows.

The supply chain is becoming seriously compromised.

I just got my copy of American Rifleman and for the first time in years they do not have the normal page of Harbor Freight coupons.

No free flashlight or screwdrivers for me this month!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You know, we hung around in life to get the discounts and the freebies! We did our bit and now it's time we collect. FEDEX, USPS and UPS use my house as a coffee shop. If they start pulling that crap they WILL see some serious protests. I have no idea how many seniors it would take to pull down the Modern Head sculpture or some of that other crap they call art but they seem to forget most of us own 4 wheel drive vehicles and tow chains. Lots of tow chains.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Neighbor got her riding mower stuck in the bog at the back of her lot. She called her boyfriend over to get her out.

Too steep and too wet for any of the trucks.

Boyfriend says "We need tow chains", and comes to my door.

I say "How many do you need?"

I get out the chains, the straps, and the portable winch, he seems bewildered.

I let the young guys stretch the straps and chains from the road in front to the stuck mower in back. They did all the pulling from the paved road using the winch hooked to his trailer hitch.

Neighbor looks at her boyfriend and says "When you grow up will you have 150 feet of tow straps?"

My lane is filled with old guys with power tools, car lifts, welders, milling machines and such, accumulated over our lifetimes. We spend most of our time roaming the countryside looking for the elusive "senior discount" and free coffee.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Since we are limited with what we can do now, I have taken up napping roulette. I have no idea how long naps will be. It could be 20 minutes. It could be one hour. It's anyone's guess. I always write my time down on a piece of paper and if I'm close to the time when I wake up, I reward myself. For example. I wrote down 18 minutes this afternoon. I slept 43 minutes. I consider that pretty darn close so I rewarded myself with a trip to the fridge. It's a dangerous game but we're men, right?

It's fair recompense. Seniors
    ....there when you need us!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

You never know but the young 'uns just might surprise you by being there when you've fallen and can't get up.

God works in mysterious ways.

I decided to go ahead and get an antibodies test at my last Dr. visit. Got the results back on Thursday, or was it Wednesday or Tuesday,.... anyway, I'm double stacked with antibodies with a score of 19.5, whatever that means. They say anything over 2 is good. #1 wife had a 6. Still wearing the mask though. Humana sent me some really cool (they're actually hot) masks that can be washed up to 30 times or more.

So, I just had to brag a bit.

Alan

I keep telling my kids they are going to have to change my diapers in the near future. Picking me up will probably be a God send to them considering the other. Of course, knowing them, they will drag me down the stairs...feet first. Did I mention there are 12 stairs?

19.5 of whatever sounds like a great number to me, Alan. When I was in school there was more than one test I would have been happy to have scored a 19.5 on. Just sayin'. Earthquakes, probably not so much.

When we were house hunting, if it had stairs, I didn't even get out of the truck.

I'm probably not going to make it to the diapers stage. I needed two 1x4s 34" long today so I climbed the ladder to get to the scraps that I had placed up in the shelf out in the shop. I got all the way up and the d@mn thing started walking on me. I almost took a ride on the gravity express. A six foot fall onto concrete is going to really hurt.

Alan

Benesse, I hope so.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

If I had the Corona virus, it's dead now. Thanks Rick.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I am here to serve, sir. I consider it a public service. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. A front view perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am here to serve, sir. I consider it a public service. If there is anything I can do, just let me know. A front view perhaps?
    A brilliant idea to help the LE out. Low cost, high concept.

Potentially most effective crowd dispersal technique to date. Wear it in public and watch 'em run.

I'm...uh...I'm going to take that as a compliment. 'Cause I'm sure that's how you meant it....I think.

Of course it's a compliment considering you are so dedicated to public service, and all.

That's the ticket. Mom, apple pie and the American way.