Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Default So, how ‘bout that carona virus?

Can’t believe this subject hasn’t been brought up. This stuff is infecting more everyday. I’ve read the mortality rate was 2% when we first heard about it. Now I’m reading 12-19% depending on where you read about it. I’ve also read that it mostly kills the elderly and those with precondition health conditions like diabetes. I’ve read that it is affecting those who have type A- blood more than others. They’re saying you could be asymptomatic for 21-24 days. Some are prepping for a quarantine. Some say it was an engineered virus. What are y’all hearing and doing? 🙉🙈🙊

The annual flu is still way more dangerous at this point. In the U.S. alone, the flu is responsible for 180,000 hospitalizations and 10,000 deaths according the CDC. It has caused over 19 million illnesses. That's just in the U.S. Get your flu shot!

The first year I taught kindergarten I was sick the whole year. I started getting my flu shot and hep vac. Still do. So far nothing will help against the corona flu. But there's several teams working on it...until it mutates. I have a beard. The N95 mask doesn't really block the virus and I'd have to shave and get fit for a haz mat mask. Then walk around in it when I go out. Then disinfect everything when I get home. Then disinfect my wife when she gets home from school. And make her stop carpooling. Our plan is handwashing. Limited trips to stores. And like everybody should already be doing... prep for a bug in until it dies off. If you're in hurricane or blizzard territory, it's not that big of a jump from what you're already doing.

First, I no longer believe anything in the news. I remember a bunch of scares (Legionnaires, West Nile, several flus) that fizzled out quickly. And Rick's right...the flu is scarier. Cars are definitely scarier.

Evidently, bodies can deal with this one (that's what "kills the elderly and people with suppressed immune systems" means). The way to prep is to maintain your general health.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I hear ya but, when has there been quarantine and cancelled flights for the every year flu ? You might be right. Time will tell.

We are stocking up on Clorox wipes.

Don't use those in the bathroom. Just sayin'....

That mistake has been made by both of us in the house... once.

There's a joke in there about anal bleaching..........butt, I'll back out of this gracefully.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now see Mr. Passive Aggressive. You provoke, then play the victim. Just wait. My biting sarcasm will persevere this next camp.

BTW. I can't see back there and don't really care what color it is. How PC is that,

We've really stooped low. From Novel Corona virus to anal bleaching? I blame it on the submariner.

I’m not advocating for this guy but if his hypothesis is true...
    Take a read:
    https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...ne-no-trucking

Dang it! A virus that spreads by urination. I just have to stay away from people that go around peeing on other people and I should be okay. As for the poopers of the world. I can honestly say that once my kids were house broken I've never been pooped on so I'm good to go there as well.

I don’t know if he isn’t the guy referred to as doomer Doug. I like reading the comments section in alt news.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    The first year I taught kindergarten .....
    I stopped worrying about any type of illness when I read this....

I think I just figured out who created "Florida Man" though....

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    We've really stooped low. From Novel Corona virus to anal bleaching? I blame it on the submariner.
    Hey, I'm not the one that uses Clorox wipes as tp.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, it does give new meaning to the phrase, "shines like a dime in a goats..." you know.