Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maters and taters

I'll bet Crash and I can supply the water if you can supply the beer.

Works for me. Since it isn’t done, what size yoke do y’all need?
    Last edited by rebel; 04-07-2020 at 08:10 PM.

The misses said I looked sexy running the vacuum. I said, hold on, let me get my high heels on.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    1,000 potatoes is not really that much, perhaps 100 lbs or so. If you lay them in the sun to dry, inspect them and eat the damaged ones quickly, and keep them cool and dry 100 pounds should be eaten up pretty quickly.

Probably freezing what you can not eat within a couple of months is the best choice of all the storage methods.

I have been on a carb free diet for years but I understand that other folks eat a lot of carbs when they are available. Two people eating two pounds of spuds, baked, boiled, smashed or fried each day will go through 100 pounds of potatoes before they can rot anyway.

If you eat just one pound the supply will probably be gone within 2-3 months so you could keep them in any dry place out of the sunlight. Potatoes last a long time if you don't get them wet and sprout them, even then you can remove the sprouts and eat them anyway.

https://www.survivalsullivan.com/potatoes-storage/
    the misses and I eat one tatter between us a day. 👍 got it going on!

I dug up a 100 pounds this week. 200 hundred to go. It takes about 6-7 weeks.tatters that is

Sounds great. Looks like you will have a fantastic harvest.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

#1 wife got mad at me on the second picking of green beans because I picked them and she wanted to do it.. She told me that I knew how much she likes to pick the green beans and I evidently deprived her of the joy associated with that task.... So, I did what any good husband would do... I stopped picking them. That was a couple of weeks ago.. Now I come in from the garden every day and say, "Green Beans are ready to be picked.... again...." I hope it's all fun...

Thing is, she doesn't understand that if you leave even one bean on the bush to mature the bush stops producing.... we wouldn't want that. So, I go along and make sure all of the beans are picked. I water them every other day too.

We'll have yellow squash by the end of the week. Still a few turnips. Broccoli is done for. Carrots are going strong still. Tomatoes and peppers are lagging, not sure why. Lima beans, purplehull peas, zucchini, kershaw, cucumbers and cantaloup and MORE green beans are all up. Red potatoes are ready to be dug.

Turning out to be a pretty good year.

I know we don't eat 300# of potatoes in a year.... Sweet potatoes maybe, otherwise, no...

Alan

We gave away all but 5 pounds. I made some mashed potatoes. They’re great! The next morning I had potato cakes with apple sauce. They’re great too! Lol

One of my cherry tomato plants has blooms. One Big Boy has a few. 2 kinds of herbs have sprouted... I haven't the foggiest what they are. Lol.

maybe one of these days....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Actually, it got up to 74 today....finally.

Meat plants are closing. Dang it. I don’t like killing animals.

Those spca commercials tear me up. I want to kick some retard ***.

It's a mindset rebel. Name your pets. Not your livestock.

They call it "depopulation", rebel.
    Another gutless euphemism is "harvesting". You'd think they were talking about corn or wheat not killing live creatures.

Never fear. They have been kept open. Bacon sammiches have been saved!!!!!!!! Bacon sammiches have feelings too, you know.

Got some. Looks like another week will be just right.480E55A4-0805-45B7-9FBD-2D545A0FE35E.jpg

Nice................
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We gave away all but 5 pounds. I made some mashed potatoes. They’re NOT AS GOOD AS SPAM.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 06-22-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by josha View Post
    We gave away all but 5 pounds. I made some mashed potatoes. They’re NOT AS GOOD AS SPAM.
    Not much is. I like pan fried spam.