Thread: Paw Paws

Default Paw Paws

I am doing me the happy dance! My seven year old paw paw trees are producing paw paws this year for the first time. I have one for breakfast this morning. MMMmmmmm.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Tried to grow some from seeds... Need to try again because I don't think they pulled through the winter.

Seeds needs to be placed in the freezer for three months. They need a period of cold before being planted. Then you can plant them in containers. If you plant seedlings in the sun they need to be protected the first two years. The sun will kill them. After that, they will be fine. I placed a tomato cage over mine and draped a towel over it in the summer to provide them shade.

Rick don't forget to send me some for QC testing! Don't want you getting sick from a defective Paw Paw
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I have my own QC dept. unfortunately. The neighborhood squirrels taste test them for me. The are a bit like the king's tasters when it comes to paw paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have my own QC dept. unfortunately. The neighborhood squirrels taste test them for me. The are a bit like the king's tasters when it comes to paw paws.
    Hey I had to try. LOL
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I would try this :-D

Well, get started. Dance right on out of here.

I haven't had a paw paw in 45 years