Thread: Barn find

Default Barn find

I picked this up today for $500. It’s going to need some work but, I’m looking forward to it. FE53A3EF-4524-4FFD-895A-D7AAB3E9C3D7.jpg

Does it have a motor?

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Does it have a motor?
    Yes. The L-134.

that's awesome
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

That's pretty awesome. It would be great to learn the service history of the vehicle.

It is awesome. The plan is to put in a new battery, fluids and fuel to see what will be required. Fix what is needed. Then do a total rebuild next winter.

As everybody has said, that is awesome. Great find.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had a 1946 CJ2A Willys that looked like that one you bought. I rebuilt it also. Great for bustin' around out in the boonies ... but very bouncy. I kept it for 30 years. Lots of memories.

Good luck on the rebuild. Today, parts are often hard to find.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Thanks. This is my 5th rebuild. Some rebuilds took more or less depending on variables. This one will take a while. It’ll be my last. If you see an old guy at the retirement home in a Jeep, it might be me. My first car was a cj3. I spied a bantam trailer driving home today. I should stop and see if the guy wants to sell it.

Lol, that brought back a memory. Within ten minutes of changing out the transmission in that cj3, I had it stuck in the mud. I was 15 and just started the learning process of mudding. Now I use 4wd as an insurance policy.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I started out on an 1948 MB.

That was 7 jeeps and two 4wd Ford pickups and a couple of assorted SUV types ago.

I'm too old to be rebuilding any more. I just sold a really nice Cherokee project vehicle to a neighbor because I am past that kind of work. He made a nice rock crawler from it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?