Thread: In my experince

Default In my experince

Camping does not suck. I love to camp. Some of my best memories are from times when I have been out in the woods camping. I do not go camping to endure any unpleasantness I go to have fun and enjoy myself.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 01-20-2020 at 03:08 PM.

You, sir are correct. Just got back from five days in the mountains. It was wonderful.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Now the big question,,,

Is a bad camping trip, one that might be considered sucky, still better than a day at work?

If so how bad does it have to be to be worse than a day at work?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Now the big question,,,

Is a bad camping trip, one that might be considered sucky, still better than a day at work?

If so how bad does it have to be to be worse than a day at work?
    This is what I was thinking. It's all relative. Sleeping on the ground "sucks" more than sleeping on the perfect mattress in an air conditioned home, but I camp to relieve stress and connect with nature. Therefore, it does not suck overall, but it "sucks" relatively.

I'm not sure what I would classify as bad. I've fallen off cliffs, run from flash floods, been haunted - twice (second time, the thing almost killed me). I guess it's the way I look at it. All that's adventure and it's learning opportunities.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I'm not sure what I would classify as bad. I've fallen off cliffs, run from flash floods, been haunted - twice (second time, the thing almost killed me). I guess it's the way I look at it. All that's adventure and it's learning opportunities.
    That sounds very interesting. Care to elaborate?

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    That sounds very interesting. Care to elaborate?

S.M.
    I second that motion.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

I was hosting a large campout.something "rode" one of the attendees in and tried to vampirize us. It seemed to be a hag. We evicted it.

The second was something in a waterfall
    In North Alabama. I like having my picture taken at the base of waterfalls, so I climbed over the big boulder field in the splash pond and got up on a big boulder where the water was hitting. A friend on the shore got the picture but, when I climbed down, I hyperflexed my knee. That woke something up in the fall and it didn't like it. There was a sudden blast of bitterly cold wind from the water. I was trying to keep from fainting from the pain but I knew that, if I didn't get off the boulder field, I was going to die. The wind was sucking all the heat out of me. So I started scrambling back toward the shore and flopped there. One of my companions asked if I was alright. I said, "no."

I got better.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I was hosting a large campout.something "rode" one of the attendees in and tried to vampirize us. It seemed to be a hag. We evicted it.

The second was something in a waterfall
    In North Alabama. I like having my picture taken at the base of waterfalls, so I climbed over the big boulder field in the splash pond and got up on a big boulder where the water was hitting. A friend on the shore got the picture but, when I climbed down, I hyperflexed my knee. That woke something up in the fall and it didn't like it. There was a sudden blast of bitterly cold wind from the water. I was trying to keep from fainting from the pain but I knew that, if I didn't get off the boulder field, I was going to die. The wind was sucking all the heat out of me. So I started scrambling back toward the shore and flopped there. One of my companions asked if I was alright. I said, "no."

I got better.
    Hag vampires in the woods are why I keep a 40 cal next to me in my tent.

Most people can just leave weird alone and it won't bother them. The people I hang around with are just weird magnets.