Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got my wisdom teeth out

Default I got my wisdom teeth out

Now I don't have to worry about infection come a scenario involving long-term survival. I didn't do it solely for that reason of course--mostly because my bottom teeth were perpendicular to my others!!

Don't worry about it. Most all these guys don't have any wisdom teeth either. I got mine hacked out when I was 21. Didn't start growing any wisdom back till around 35....

The only things I remember about the whole thing was that the dental assistants name was Monique. I know that because she had it on her shirt written across the front....

and How incredibly good my mouth felt afterwards ..... until the meds wore off...

Alan

Navy pulled all of mine long, long ago.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Dentist pulled my wisdom teeth at 16, said I didn't have enough room in my mouth for all of my teeth and removing them would take pressure off my other teeth and they would straighten out, not that they were terribly crooked but they did even out more without needing braces.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

When I was 13 the dentist on base pulled 4 of my bicuspids so when the wisdom teeth came in there would be room. They came up, but it crowded up my lower front teeth pretty good.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I despise Navy dentists. Sadists.

In 1972, I had both my upper wisdom teeth pulled; not a pleasant experience. That was two days before I started jump school; a real joy spitting out blood and bone chips during the (un)pleasant runs. The lowers never did come in.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

You guys sure have some dental horror stories. I'm glad I didn't have Big Earl the military dentist pull my teeth. Dear Lord...

Just a little story about my last wisdom tooth that the Navy pulled. In Submarines you cannot have wisdome teeth (no dentis onboard, and you do not want a Corpsman pulling teeth). I three pulled when I reported to my first Submarine. The fourth wasn't in yet. At some point the decided to "go in and get it" because it was growing sideways. The shot me full of novacaine. My mouth was clamped open. The doc explained that he would slice open my gum, drill thought the tooth, break the tooth in half and then remove each half.

Everything was going smoothly until he went to break the tooth in half. I heard a loud SNAP and he said "Oh Shi*!" Keep in mind that my mouth was clamped open. I said (I'm sure it was unitelligible) "what do you mean Oh Shi*! What's this Oh Shi* stuff?" He calmly said.............it shattered. I'll do my best to get all of the pieces. I guess he did OK.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You sort of expect a proctologist to say that but any other dr. is cause for concern.

San Diego July of 74 I do not miss boot camp dentistry at all......They pulled all of my wisdom teeth in one setting, and like Crash said they used the neatest clamp device to hold my mouth open for the procedure. Navy logic always wins
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 06-14-2021 at 10:52 AM.

I remember I was so afraid of taking out my wisdom teeth and I was begging my doctor to do something for avoiding that. He was convincing me that I don’t have nothing to be afraid of and that I should calm down and trust him. That is the thing I did and everything went well. I saw how good is that dentist that I have decided to make an implant at his SPAM FACTORY. I liked the prices that were not raised and very accessible. A major role played the professionalism of the doctor of course.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 04-05-2021 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

My wife and I get our dentistry done now at the University of Florida Dental College in Gainseville. Those kids have beat my dentist paranoia and do fine painless work. Good job guys and gals.

You could have gone to the dentist and he would have told you what to do. Or you could have had braces put in.

Now why didn't I think of that?

Alan

Buh bye.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

See? That was me before braces. Now look at me.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

You could have gone to the dentist, and he would have told you what to do. Or you could have had braces put in. Why you had to take them out, I don't understand. I have two wisdom teeth coming through. Yes, it's unpleasant to eat, but I go to SPAM IS GREAT and they help me straighten the tooth without braces, so it's not crooked. I don't want to get myself braces. But I do want to get veneers in the future. It would be less of a problem with my teeth, but they are costly, and not everyone can get them done right. So it will have to be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-30-2021 at 12:59 PM. Reason: removed link

Orthodontists are a close 2nd behind Navy dentists in sadistic bastards. Well 60's/70's dentistry.

Oddly enough, I'm going to the dentist on Monday morning. I will have to ask him if he can put my wisdom teeth back in, perhaps with some braces.... I did find them unpleasant to eat, so I took that very seriously...

I'll report back...

Alan