Thread: a thanksgiving wish

Default a thanksgiving wish

I just wish to send a blessing to all the folks here.
    and that we all have a happy and safe thanksgiving day,
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Same to you, Hayshaker! I will be heading back to Idaho for Thanksgiving this year, hopefully it's a good one for you all.

Amen. Right back at you and to everyone else.

Happy all the holidays coming up to all of you!

True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

It's great to have this sort of extended family that stretches across the country (and the world sometimes). One of the best things about the internet is forums like these. For that, and much more, I am thankful.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Alan

Don't wait until it's too late to be thankful for what you have.
    Safe travels and happy holidays to you and yours.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Happy Thanksgiving, Hayshaker.
    And to everybody else here at WSF.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I am thankful for family as well. My blood family is 5000 miles away in Hawaii. I haven't spoken to them in years. My wife's family is right here. Through my absolute lowest to my absolute highest. Sometimes family isn't about blood. It's about love and loyalty.

I'm blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

I hope it was a good one! Just got back to Montana, lots of miles but it was nice to have somewhere to spend Thanksgiving with friends and adopted family. My birth family is in SD but they're pretty well snowed in right now, couldn't get there!

Thank you so much.

On a somber note (if there's not a somber note, we don't really understand the symphony), I've been part of two gospel groups. In the last one, we committed to not singing any song that any of us were not comfortable with. One was "Thank you, Lord, for your blessings on me." The sentiment was nice until you realize all the Christians without food on the table and shoes on their feet. Christmas isn't Christmas without Good Friday and Easter, and Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without the realization of all the homeless, orphaned, sick, and elderly who have difficulty finding things to be thankful for.

There is so much wealth in the hands of a few in the world that, if it were spread out, no one would lack anything.

Six years ago, I helped a homeless man get his life started back. It wasn't a big job for me, I was just doing what I had been doing professionally for 20 years. It was a huge battle for him. He was having several seizures a week, any one of which would have killed him. Knowing that he was living on borrowed time, he became a compassionate veterinarian and good counselor for the people around him and his community. Yesterday, he had the last seizure and went home. I'm thankful that he chose to live until he died.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.