Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone eaten Gopher?

there is only one type of grond squirrel they are know better as pine squirrels they live in alaska and live in the rain forest in dens they are not much bigger then a chipmonk.skunkkiller

I don't know where you get your info but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_squirrel
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

they're good if you like squirrel or rabbit, in my oppinion. the only drawback to such creatures is that they're a single serving affair, and that is an understatement.

as for the rest of the debate, this is a matter where it is evidenced that common names do as much harm as good. as an example, and for no other reason than that i can't sleep; when i was a kid we knew the term hookie bob as the act of taking a ride on a skateboard by hanging onto a moving vehicle and since that time, i have found the term only to commonly apply to the similar, but more daring practice of doing the same on the soles of one's shoes. my point: the difference in the meaning people take in common terms, as in common names can be at worst life threatening and at best can cause unpleasent arguement on internet bulletin boards.
    Last edited by canid; 06-30-2008 at 04:02 AM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

never tried it before, only would if i had to survive. they are so eays to kill tho all ways trapping snaring.. me and my friend dylan kill them all the time with spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleyboy View Post
    never tried it before, only would if i had to survive. they are so eays to kill tho all ways trapping snaring.. me and my friend dylan kill them all the time with spears.
    Why are you killing them?? Just for fun?? No animal should die because someone want's to have "fun".
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

eating gardens . destroying crops.. stuff like that.. even some are digging and chewing into our farm house

if you want to go about killing them, i recommend eating them. they really are pretty good.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

i might try one,.

nope never had gopher. ive just recently tried kangaroo, alligator, and emu(probably not spelled right) jerky.

i just tried one yesterday,, it wasnt all that bad .. it would be really good in a stew i think. Gopher Stew.. hmm sounds apetizing