Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a proper toilet for a farmhouse.

Default Looking for a proper toilet for a farmhouse.

My family and I reside in most interior parts where civilization is slowly cropping. Sanitation is a primary concern here. People around only have pit latrines that are filthy and make the environment inhabitable. I am in dire need of handy solutions. Getting one that is odourless, environmentally friendly, ADA-applicable and uses minimal to no water will be a good idea. I am also into aesthetics, so having that in mind will be of great help.

Just because you've started using VPN doesn't mean we don't where you come from. Don't you get tired of this nonsense? It takes two click to ban you.

What's the problem? I know that aesthetics are at the forefront of my trips to the throne room each morning!

Alan

Choosing your best BVDs doesn't constitute aesthetics. Neither does choosing the latest issue of Catster Magazine to read during the "event". Miniature Donkey Talk would get you in the 'running' though.

BVds?

Alan

I didn't know BVDs came in thong style.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Only the polite people on the camp I just came from wore BVD's. Richard the kilt guy was kinda scary.

Yeah, there are two kinds of kilt guys. The commando kilt guys and the BVD kilt guys. Those commando guys I shy away from. Waaaaay away from. I shy away from the BVD kilt guys, too but not quite so far away. I keep a keen eye on both. Just sayin'.

I go "two legged jeans" or nothing at all.

Maybe cargo shorts when fishing in the Summer.

Not going skinny dipping in the Congo, that's for sure.

Alan

Ooooh. That "nothing at all" thing needs to be re-examined. Maybe stick with the two legged jeans only. We got bad eye sight but we'd like to keep what we got. Then there's the little kids. They are easily traumatized. I know because a number of kind officers have explained that to me. I'm no longer allowed to wear hongs on the beach because of it. Go figure.

I don't have mirrors in my room... That way I always look how I think I look and I'm so used to scowls and derisive remarks that It doesn't bother me. Besides the crickets screaming in my ears most of the time drown out most of the snide remarks.

One time I grew a beard. I was going for the "most interesting man in the world look". I got to the Foster Brooks stage pretty quick and couldn't get no satisfaction, so, I shaved. Now I shave at least once every two weeks whether I need it or not.

Alan

Scowls and derisive remarks I understand. Shoot, I keep a few extra of those in my possibles bag just so always I feel at home no matter where I am. Even when alone.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Only the polite people on the camp I just came from wore BVD's. Richard the kilt guy was kinda scary.
    come on madmax, once you get to know Richard, he ain't too bad. laughing

Yeah well I'm not lifting his skirt...er...kilt.

Jeepers. And I thought I had some ok survival stories. Can’t hardly imagine the trauma behind such a decision. Almost as bad as what to wear under my kilt.

Blog Entries

Have you given thought to a composting toilet? Check out more at amazon- composting toilet at "LivesmallrideFree" and search "Composting Toilet"
    The Wilderness for myself has always been a place, I can escape to and discover my stronger self. A true builder of self-confidence and skills, I never knew we're possible within me to achieve. A tough taskmaster breakdown my self-limits and barriers. I have overcome and found my inner self, leaving behind only the old skin, blood, and sweat, having won a newer stronger self. The Wilderness shows me a better reflection of myself.
    by Dogman.

The OP was banned quite some time ago for spam. The only spam we tolerate around here is the eatin knind.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There's a nasty joke in there somewhere.

Have you thought of getting a Porta-Potty? I have a remote hunting shack. The outside finally caved in. I looked in the yellow pages and found an outfit that brought me one 70 miles delivered for $300. I also have the number of an outfit that will come service it for $80.

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan635 View Post
    Have you given thought to a composting toilet? Check out more at amazon- composting toilet at "LivesmallrideFree" and search "Composting Toilet"
    My son lives off grid with a tiny house, solar power and a composting toilet. A number of years with no issues so far.