View Poll Results: As a member of this forum do you visit other survival forums?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I visit or am a member of another survival forum.

13 54.17%
  • No, this is my only survival forum.

11 45.83%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival forum comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Teotwawki View Post
    First and only.
    Seems to be just a touch of prejudice against wascally wabbits though.
    roflmao. Is you're *** still chapped about that? My bad, I didn't realize you were so sensitive.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Blog Entries

Visit other forums? Yep. Belong to them? Nope. Don't know why, but I like you guys and ladies!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I like this place too and the folks who check-in. I looked around and this place has the "home" feel. Anyway, I thought if some folks had an idea for making it better then why not. I'm sure we could come to some consensus for the good of all.

This is my favorite forum because of how many people post on it, and how frequently. Sometimes, responses are so quick its like a chat room. Also, if you visit here frequently enough and read over peoples introductions you can get a feel for who really has something to add based on experience, and those that just like to play on the internet.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Native Dude is the only one that can come up with that and he's not on because he's out living it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There are others?!?! WTF, I wasn't told this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Montana View Post
    This is my favorite forum because of how many people post on it, and how frequently. Sometimes, responses are so quick its like a chat room. Also, if you visit here frequently enough and read over peoples introductions you can get a feel for who really has something to add based on experience, and those that just like to play on the internet.
    lol. Trying to judge someone by there intro and what they post in most of the BS threads is not a good measure of their experience. You could be discounting someone who "plays on the internet" as inexperienced and ignorant in bushcraft and theres a good chance they have as much experience as you. I haven't seen very many threads on Wilderness Survival lately, anyway. I've seen a LOT on homesteading, and a LOT MORE on the doom and gloom "oh the sky is falling and the economy is about to implode pleasee save me I'm scaawed". SHort of starting a new thread there's not much you can offer on bushcraft in a thread about the price of flour.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Reeves View Post
    I visit a gardening forum. I'm not sure if that counts, though.

http://www.gardeningforums.net/index.php
    You know that forum is mine too right?

Chris,I wish you would put up a list of all your sites,or link to them somewhere on the forum.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I've only got my work day to play around here on the world wide net--Interweb thingie so I don't have time for a lot of other forums or chit chat or whatever and I like it here, no one means on me. (I know I've mentioned that before, but it's important to me )
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    lol. Trying to judge someone by there intro and what they post in most of the BS threads is not a good measure of their experience. You could be discounting someone who "plays on the internet" as inexperienced and ignorant in bushcraft and theres a good chance they have as much experience as you. I haven't seen very many threads on Wilderness Survival lately, anyway. I've seen a LOT on homesteading, and a LOT MORE on the doom and gloom "oh the sky is falling and the economy is about to implode pleasee save me I'm scaawed". SHort of starting a new thread there's not much you can offer on bushcraft in a thread about the price of flour.

I understand what your saying, and your are completly correct.But there are definetly a few folks that seem to be on the up and up on their intro, and then their posts reflect that. Mountaintrekker was one and wildwoman, and heck even Flavorbear and Omid. Some folks are honest both directions, stating very early on , that they need advice, or they can share advice. If you read those intro's- then their posts- you can kind of gather enough info on wheather or not you should listen to the opinion being offered- did they make any sense.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

....and being an active forum, there will be no shortage of people willing to raise the BS flag when needed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Have you ever tried to fold a BS flag? The tighter you make the triangle the more BS spills out on the ground. Well, it's a pain, that's for sure.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

As long as you wear gloves it's not too bad. (******)(just checking)
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

I visit one other forum. Trapperman.

I like this forum because it covers a wide variety of survival and bushcraft topics. I know I have picked up some good ideas and I hope the info I have shared has helped someone.

I would like to see folks go into a tad more detail on their profiles, but I can live with it the way it is.
    1. If it's in your kit and you don't know how to use it....It's useless.
    2. If you can't reach your kit when you need it....Its useless.

Alaska Backcountry Adventure Tours
    www.youralaskavacation.com
    Tell them Kevin sent you!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Just to play devils advocate Wareagle - you probably have one of the largest libraries on wild edibles out of anybody on the forum....so the book part (and links on the internet) certainly do play a part in learning.
    i agree whole heartedly crash i do have an enormous amount of books on my fav topics and while i will use the books and web to glean info i also then go out and practice that before i post about it(most times) i did not mention before that while yes i do belong to other forums this is my home, one of the benefits that was already mention is the speed at which there is usually a response to my posts some others takes weeks before i get a response, i think that is one of the most appealing aspects of this forum
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Chris,I wish you would put up a list of all your sites,or link to them somewhere on the forum.
    Maybe I will sometime. Most of them are fairly unrelated to this site though, I'm a bit of a renaissance man, a very diverse set of interests and I've built sites to accomodate those. Anyways, my largest (and oldest) is http://www.online-literature.com, and the one most closely related to this one (and it is a stretch) is http://www.backyardgardening.net - only because it covers edible gardening.

This site, btw, is my second oldest.

Ahem!! You aren't suppose to be self promoting in the body of the email. It's against forum rules. What's that? You own the place? My bad. I'll be moving along now......

Blog Entries

Chris, you have one of those buttons with a safety cover hinged over the top? That disrespectful Super Moderator is ALWAYS threatening your loyal members with HIS button.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Tattle tail!!!!