Thread: Removing Stains

Default Removing Stains

I'm a bit old fashioned. Okay...a lot. In any case, when my brood come over I use white linen napkins for dinner. Most folks use paper and I don't have a problem with that. I just like to use linen. The problem is they stain easy. So I thought I would share a simple way of removing stains that's easy peasy. Place your kitchen wash clothes, towels or whatever is stained in a stock pot with plenty of water and about 1/8 cup of Oxyclean on the stove. Bring it to a boil and turn off. Allow to sit for about 45 minutes then bring to a boil again then turn off. Do this about three times and check you towels or napkins. They should not only be stain free but the whitest you've ever seen them. It's safe for colors too! If light stains persist, repeat. I have yet to find a stain that has failed to come out.

I have not tried this on motor oil so I can't speak to that but spaghetti sauce and the like is no challenge.

Great grandma knew what she was doing when she stood in the back yard boiling clothes. Of course, she didn't have any other option, either. But it sure works.

Thanks, for hint, Heloise.

;o)
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Hmmm. I wonder if Goodwill still has those nice soft, stained, worn in T shirts I gave them. I want them back.

Make sure you take them off before you boil them. Another helpful hint.

Here's a repost of my reply that disappeared a few days ago:

Just wear clothes with dark patterns. Then the stains just blend in, and you don't have to worry about removing them.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk