Thread: Hello from East Texas!

Default Hello from East Texas!

Hey everyone! My name is Michelle and I'm a 27 year old mother of 2. I recently joined a local group based on nature, where kids learn about the world around them. They learn survival skills, how to respect nature, and develop a love for being outside and getting dirty! I have recently become the leader of a branch of this group in my area and am responsible for teaching all these things. This forum looked like a good place to get ideas and verify information before teaching it to the children. The age range is currently 3-7, and if anyone has a good place for me to start I'd love all the help I can get!

Welcome home.

Hello and welcome. Feel free to ask any specific questions that you want.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Put in a good supply of "mosquito repellant", bandaids and antiseptic ointment.

Alan

Your age range is pretty broad. Are they going to all be together or separated into similar age groups?

Alan

Hey, this is certainly one good place to start.

I'm retired and active lifelong learning is what I do to stay active. Next year I will be immersing myself in astronomy and physics on the trail. I have a lot of resources built up on those topics so, if they're on the agenda, feel free to drop me a line. I try to keep my learning adventures portable and inexpensive.

True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Ooh, that sounds like an advertisement. I meant that I try to keep my learning adventures portable and inexpensive /for me/. That means that just about anyone can do them....except the parts where I fall off the mountain...stuff like that, I don't recommend.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

welcome home
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

howdy from deep east tx..and welcome aboard.congrats on what your doing
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Wilderness Forum and can I ask what have you learned about Survival today? Have you taken Sergeant Safari, Survival Wilderness Survival Quiz as yet? a good idea to take it as a new member and then say six months to a year test your skill levels. You can find a link on the bottom of the main forum page. Good Luck.