Thread: Which skateboard should be the best for terrible road conditions?

Default Which skateboard should be the best for terrible road conditions?

I am a longtime boarder from surf to snow to skate but have gotten out of shape lately. I tried a skateboard at a local shop and liked the idea of getting back out there. I did online research and concluded that the all-terrain carbon setup would be best for the terrible road conditions. Also, the general lack of sidewalks in my home state of Hawaii. I'm asking for your experience and also, please provide me your favorite skateboard brand.

what about this review?

Did you seriously think that having a signature about electric skateboards and then answering your own question when you miraculously found a link to ...................... wait for it ...................... electric skateboards would go unnoticed?

Buh bye.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 09-28-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Danny, Danny, Danny, Danny. You cheesy, web slinking spam worm.

Not to mention an electric skateboard is an abomination to any self respecting skateboarder.

Brand newb has got the wrong forum. 😱

Yes it did.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think I was 8 the last time I got on a skateboard. It was an old rollerskate I had taken apart, beaten flat and nailed to a 2x6. It sounded like a Sherman Tank going down the sidewalk and if you hit a rock you'd better have those extra patches ironed onto your blue jean knees. About that time I found out that people would give me money for cutting their grass. With money I could actually buy some of that stuff in the Herter's and Sears catalogs. Fishing gear, axes, tents, etc were a lot more useful than skateboards.

I never really thought of a skateboard as being a viable form of transportation. They don't do well in the South Louisiana mud...

Alan

I kinda miss the days of mail order. Fill out the form, calculate your shipping by postal zone, put actual real cash money in the envelope (with coins taped to the form so they wouldn't come out), mail it and wait.............................................. ...................... then one day, it arrived and life was good...

Alan

This spam bot has developed feelings, and now crawls the web hoping to one day find the best skateboard brand for bad roads...

What skateboard is good for bad road conditions? How about one that looks like a 4x4 pickup?
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

I have a red neck 9yo nephew that would run you over. Lol

Believe it or not, I had a skate board as a teenager. Yeah, the 60's had 'em. But we didn't have anything like that. Didn't have helmets either. Falling off and hitting your head on the concrete is how you learned not to fall off. Didn't have any effect on me either. Falling off and hitting your head...did I already say that?

Ah, the metal wheels and short little boards. Fun times.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Things like the tick tack, kick flip, heel flip or ollie trick were all done before the thing we called the wipe out. Followed by the moan and groan.

Last time I got jegee on a skateboard I dropped in a 15 foot half pipe. I slammed so hard I was bleeding out of my nose. My skateboard became a lethal projectile. But that really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me.

Enquiring minds want to know what board is best in heavy snow.

What is this thing called snow of which you speak?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's the dang stuff that's outside my window. Yeah, in the middle of March!