Thread: Armadillos. How trap them...

Default Armadillos. How trap them...

I have only successfully trapped one Hoover Hog. I put the live trap over a hole in the fence and got him when he came through.

These that are terrorizing my lawn now are not coming through fences. They are just coming out of the pasture.

I would just shoot them but they only do their ravaging at night. I sleep at night these days....

Alan

Never kill an armadillo, Alan. Hundreds will come to the funeral. Hundreds more will demonstrate on the road in front of your ranch.

Thirty years ago one would never see an armadillo north of the Tennessee River in Alabama. Now the side of the road is littered with dead dillos baking the sun. Same for fire ants.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I found a hole under a fence yesterday. i got a live trap today and will set it tomorrow.

There are three (that I've found) burrow type holes in the yard and flower beds. This could take a while...

Alan

I sense a vendetta. Nothing better in the cool October air than a vendetta.

I got on a vendetta once against cut ants. I found their main hole and turned a quart of high life upside down in it. I waited about five min for the high life to find all the channels and dropped a match on it. Fire shot out of every any hole in about a 50 foot radius, most of which were hidden by dry grass. I spent a frantic 15 min stomping out fires. It didn't kill the ants....

Alan

Ants are insidious creatures. They do all that tunneling just so they can sit back and laugh at us. Personally, I think they are controlled by one ant with a really large brain that figures out all their plans. I've done the same thing and watched little volcanoes erupt all over the yard while they sit snug and warm underground drinking brandy or whatever ants drink when they think they've won. I'm gonna have to step up my game.

Blog Entries

Best to leave the ant killing to the professionals. I'm retired now, so if you know of any..................
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel