Thread: New to these parts...

Default New to these parts...

Hey everyone,

I'm a person who has recently gained a love for the outdoors.
    It started when I got the opportunity to hike through the rocky mountains.

Since then, I've hiked the smoky mountains, became an avid fisherman (when I have the time), and started tent camping.

I eventually would like to work my way up to multiple day light-weight backpacking trips.

And...I don't want to sound crazy...but I also really want to learn essential survival skills, in case I ever need to use them.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.

Hello everybody!

Hello. Frankly, it's a good hobby. It's healthy exercise. You learn all kinds of useful things. And you meet some of the best people on the trail.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

"It's not a motorcycle, baby. It's a chopper."

"Zed's dead."

I'd ask but then I'm waaaaay too old to even know if you told me. I used to answer, "Oh, yeah. I forgot," and I did. Now, I never even knew. Now when I turn the TV on not only do I not know who the people are there are channels I didn't even know existed. But then when the kids get all cocky I just ask them how many letters they've typed out on a typewriter or how many calls they've made on a payphone and it's just "blink" "blink" and crickets chirping.

Geezer. Reference to Pulp Fiction scene with Bruce Willis. That's my once a year explanation of one of my cryptic posts. Gotta wait until they break out the pumpkins next year for another.

Who's zed? Zed's dead, baby...

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Wilderness Forum and can I ask what have you learned about Survival today? Have you taken Sergeant Safari, Survival Wilderness Survival Quiz as yet? a good idea to take it as a new member and then say six months to a year test your skill levels. You can find a link on the bottom of the main forum page. Good Luck.