Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to cool out

Banned

Default Need to cool out

Just get to the point. I can’t stand hot weather. I feel hot almost 24/7. I can’t sleep well cause I’m hot. Every morning I find myself in a pool of my sweat.. Well I was told cool pillows can help me feel good while sleep. Have you got any experience with it? Any thoughts?

Oops. Just another pain in the arse spammer.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 09-27-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: exta

Short of AC, I have no idea.

If it's above 60, I'm miserable on the trail. I carry a t-shirt instead of a handkerchief. But along with all the busted body parts, it's just another inconvenience.

I moved away from Alabama to Colorado to get away from the heat and, guess what? the heat followed me. And shade just isn't a thing here. You have to look for it.

I honestly don't know. Just stay hydrated. Don't overdo it in the hot months. I'll be interested in other folk's replies to this.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......turn your ac down?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There's on ly one thing worse than heat for me. That's cold....

I can always find a way to cool off. Staying warm is a chore.

The first two years #1 wife and I were married we had no AC. For the next 10 years we had a window unit but slept upstairs and the night breeze was sufficient. That was when we were young. Now we have a thermostat. It seems to work best set at about 75 degrees.

We'll get maybe eight or ten days below freezing down here in the winter (sometimes none), and that's spread out some. Lately it's been upper 90's with heat index over 100. I start early stay in the shade during the mid day and then do a bit more in the late afternoon. Then I rely on AC.

Alan

If God wanted me to sweat, he wouldn't have invented air conditioning. He knew what he was doing. He said, "Let there be cool." It was right after the whole light thing.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am surprised there was not a link to the cool pillow retail store?

I have a whole historical discourse about Air Conditioning, the rebirth of the southern economy, the rise of the "rust belt", and Yankees still clinging to their fans and window screens, but it is best presented over a campfire with a pot of coffee and a southern crowd.

I have not even tried to exist without AC since the early 1970s and do not intend too try now. Even then it was considered a bit strange not to have AC.

It is 2019 and anyone "waking in a pool of sweat" is doing it because they want too or are too d@m% cheap to buy an AC, which is just as vital where I live as a heating system.

I go for perhaps three or four days each year without either the heat or AC engaged. That is it. In these humid subtropical jungles south of the Ohio River You get "warm season" and "cold season" and the ambient temp is almost never "comfortable".
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-14-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Boy! I wish they could air condition Denver....I mean, outside.

I'm the opposite Alan. I can always find a way to stay warm but, at least outside, the best I could do is take off my clothes....and then they throw me in jail....where, maybe it's cool.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

The last thing I want to do is be booked into jail naked. Call me crazy but that is not high on my bucket list of things to do.

For the FIL I have to do four things. Keep him cool. His fridge, tv and oxygen machine running. That’s why I got him a generator big enough to do it all. Hurricane prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The last thing I want to do is be booked into jail naked. Call me crazy but that is not high on my bucket list of things to do.
    I'm thinking you'd likely have have the drunk tank all to yourself....

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I'm thinking you'd likely have have the drunk tank all to yourself....

Alan
    Or have a few new BFF's.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Menopause?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Why do they call it Men o pause when women have it? Shouldn't it be womenopause? It's things like this that keep me awake at night.

With those mood swings, you should pause and wait. ?

Actually, there is a corresponding male menopause.

Now that's redundant.

Shouldn't it be womenopause?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Brilliant!

I can't joke about that much. I tried once. I was outnumbered. Wife, her Mom, 3 sisters, and best friend. Now I know why my father-in-law didn't talk much...

Why do they call it Men o pause when women have it? Shouldn't it be womenopause? It's things like this that keep me awake at night.
    I've always wondered that, too.

If we think alike, Rick, one of should be worried.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk