Thread: Hello From The Pacific Northwest!

Default Hello From The Pacific Northwest!

Hey all, new member here.

I just recently moved to the Pacific Northwest from the Midwest, and while I was hiking the other day, I realized I would be totally screwed if I ever got stranded on a trail somewhere. The northwest is a totally different environment from the plains I grew up on.

I'm here to learn as much as I can, so hopefully I will be less screwed should I ever get lost :

I'm also interested in primitive technology, especially projects that are a doable by one person in the span of a couple of days.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting you all!

Beautiful area out there. Of course rain is a big factor. Synthetic pile for insulation and a shell. Map and compass. You'll figure it out. Have fun. From the F state (Florida).

Hello and welcome. I lived in the area many moons ago. Loved hiking in the Olympic Mountains.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home. A deck of cards is the essential survival tool. If you are truly lost just sit down and play a game of solitaire. Someone is sure to happen along and tell you to play that red five on the black six. When they do, just ask them where the nearest trail is.

huh?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Wilderness Forum and can I ask what have you learned about Survival today? Have you taken Sergeant Safari, Survival Wilderness Survival Quiz as yet? a good idea to take it as a new member and then say six months to a year test your skill levels. You can find a link on the bottom of the main forum page. Good Luck.