Thread: Recommendations for Compound Bow/Cross

Default Recommendations for Compound Bow/Cross

These last few years I have lost a lot of strength and stamina. I can't pull my #65 or #55 recurves. So I need the let off to get a clean shot off on our smallish deer here in FL.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Price is an issue.

Thanks

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

No more than a guy like you or me is going to be able to get out expense is a factor. However, taking a couple of deer will offset the cost of a cheap compound.

A couple of years ago I got into the same situation due to my back problems and hit the Walmart computer store. I got a nice compound kit with sight and adjustable limbs at a reasonable price. I made sure it had the adjustablity down to 40# so I can pull it.

I also got a crossbow. Not an expensive one, one of the $100 cheapo models that proved to be well worth the money. 150# limbs that require a belt mounted claw setup for cocking. I can't pull that sucker to the cocking notch with just muscle power.

I had never owned a factory made crossbow before. This one has provisions for a red dot or scope.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Thanks. I haven't made up my mind yet about which one I want. The fact that it'll come out of the gun budget doesn't help. lol. Maybe I will get a low budget one and see if the platform is for me.

One of my customers is a big time hunter. I was at his house one day and he had an archery target set up about 40 yards from his back porch. I had never shot a cross bow before ( I have no idea what make or model this one was) but I put 8 bolts in the bullseye. It was really sweet to shoot. He had a red dot sight on it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've got a crossbow. Not an expensive one, one of the $150 cheapo models that proved to be well worth the money. I can tell you what if you need.

Kyrat and Jordan, please identify the cheapo models that you are pleased with. Thanks.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    Kyrat and Jordan, please identify the cheapo models that you are pleased with. Thanks.
    I second that motion.