Thread: Travel Shaving Kit

Banned

Question Travel Shaving Kit

Hey they!
    Im a newbie here just wanna ask what do you usually take for grooming when travel?

Thanks for answering! Yeah, I know hiking is not the place where you should look stylish but when I travel for long I try to do some minimal hair maintenance I usually take a small shaving bag with all necessary stuffs like a straight razor, mirror, brush but sometimes when I travel light I just take my scissors as it was mentioned I'd like to recommend you a great shaving blog ************** where all necessary grooming stuffs are compared and review so you can choose everything you want according to your needs. I've ordered a great razor and mustache wax thanks to this site. Hope, it'll be useful for you! And do you have your fave grooming store?

GOING BACK AND POSTING LINKS IN YOUR OLDER POSTS REEKS OF SPAM, ESPECIALLY WITH NEW MEMBERS.
    Last edited by Rick; 09-11-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Removed the link

Well, I don't shave but, if I'm gone a long time and need to look civilized, I'll carry a disposable razor to shape my beard. Toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, shower gel (I hate having to manage a bar of soap), shampoo, shower puff (dries quicker than a rag), nail clippers.

Three day campout? I'll carry wet wipes to clean up and a plastic bag to dispose of them. I might carry a toothbrush and paste.

I cut my hair short so there's no consideration of combing or brushing.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Define "travel". If we know what you mean then we can address your concerns a little better.

I have a "Life Manager" that I take with me when I travel. I don't have to think about any of that stuff. It's like have Siri and Alexa all rolled into one.

Alan

Yeah, but Siri and Alexa won't hit you with a rolling pin if you step out of line.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

...or give you "the look" when you ask, "Where's my...?"

You guys must have a different Siri/Alexa than I do...

Alan

Actually, I get to where I'm going, look in my stuff, and say, "Grph! I forgot my toiletries. Where's the WalMart?"
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I bought the refillable plastic travel bottles for shampoo, conditioner, body wash for me, and mouthwash, and a bar of Irish spring soap, which is what my late fiance used. Small cans of Barbasol shave cream that we both used, and our individual disposable razors, a comb, and tooth brushes with travel size toothpaste and floss. Oh, and a travel size can of Mousse for my hair or the humidity would have it totally in a frizz. all that fits into on of the travel bags that rolls up for storage, rolls out and will hang on the bath robe hook for use.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Y'know, sample sizes is my friend. When I was living alone and hosting campouts, I would grab a handful every time I went shopping in case someone stopped by for a couple of days or forgot to bring something to a campout. I've been slack lately but we're planning more campouts here in Colorado, so I need to start collecting samples again.

i first grew my beard and mustache when i was 17.i probably count how many times I've shaved it off on one hand if not both since then.I'm 60 now.so all ii'll need on any type of trip is a pair of siccers.for my nose hairs and mustache. maybe sideburns. i don't worry about shampoo when camping.aint there to impress anyone.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

Heh, my coworkers wanted to see me without my beard. I told them that, if I ever shaved it off, they'd better look quick because it'd be the last time. One night, I was trimming my hair and I forgot to put the guard on the shears so I looked in the mirror and there was a bald stripe right down my neck, so I went ahead a shaved. And, good to my word, that was the last time.

Shaving is a pain in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Shaving is a pain in the neck.
    Only if you nick yourself.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

When I shave, I'm either left with a white neck with red polka dots or a red neck with white polka dots. It's way past "nick".