Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers please

Default Prayers please

With everything going on in everyone's life I haven't bothered you guy's with my issues. Most of you don't know about my wife's health issues. She had to take retirement in August for Hypothyroidism and some other health issues. She has lost over 70 pounds due to H pylori (sp?) as well diagnosed as prediabetic as well. Over the last few months she's been having some numbness and pain in her left leg and foot. Tests showed she has perifial neuropothy.(sp?) So more tests and medications! Tomorrow she goes in for some more stomach tests. To say the least she's not taking it well. I'm doing the best I can to help her cope and do all the everyday stuff she can't do now. Simple stuff like taking a shower because she gets dizzy, cooking and cleaning. ( which I don't mind doing because IMO is what a spouse is supposed to do) so I'm doing all this and working full time around Dr's appointments and trying to get a little sleep when I can.

So anyway not asking for anything for myself I'm "okay" but would appreciate your prayers that her health at least levels out and she starts feeling better. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Don
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

You have it, Don. I will add your wife to my prayers. I hope she is feeling better soon. Take care of yourself, too. Being a caregiver is very demanding physically and emotionally.

It is wonderful in this day and age to be a part of a group of men (and women) who believe in, ask for and receive God's greatest gift (short of salvation) to us, the opportunity to talk directly to Him and ask Him to intervene in our lives, as per His will on the behalf of ourselves and others.

oldsoldier, Add my prayers to those already sent and received. I see a bit of my own future in your post. These women care for us, raise our children, and love us through the hard times and the good times. Then we care for and carry them later on. It's what a man does.

Alan

Prayers sent.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Prayers sent Don.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Prayers and best wishes, Don. Care giving for one's spouse is extremely tiring and stressful. Hope you can find a bit of time to rest and help yourself.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Had a couple of hours today between tests on the wife. So I stopped in. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your good thoughts and prayers from the bottom of my heart! Words just can't express just how much. I do what do because it's what you do when you need to. Barbara sometimes apologizes for being sick and me HAVING to take care of her. It breaks my heart! She just can't understand or accept that it isn't her fault! I keep telling her it's my honor to take care of her! My wedding vows were and still are For BETTER AND WORSE! Not for better and when it's convenient! I'll keep you all updated. Thank you again gang!
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I will prayer for her healing. I think it's understood here that we're a community of people that care about each other. That's a cool thing about this group. We do all have problems but we also care about each other. I hope they get all your wife's health problems under control soon. Tell her to take care of herself. I live with two diabetics and all of us (except the cats - they never get sick) have various autoimmune problems and we take lifestyle changes very seriously and are doing well.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

thoughts and prayers sent for you and your wife.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Smoke sent! I hope the docs can help your wife.

Praying, too.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Prayers going up for you and the wife. make sure you are taking care of yourself so that you can take care of her. I lost a lot of weight when Steve was in the Hospital.

She has been hit hard from every direction, H, Pylori is a difficult bug to fight sometimes and can lead to other issues if they don't get it under control,
    The thyroid issues suck also and here in this area it seems doctor only want to put patients on Synthroid, no matter what their test result show.
    My late fiance's niece had to have her thryoid removed after docs tried three different meds they found out her's was more serious and needed to come out, then they put her back on Synthroid and she has done great, even able to remain in the military.

Good Luck to you, and sending my prayers, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Nell
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I will prayer for her healing. I think it's understood here that we're a community of people that care about each other. That's a cool thing about this group. We do all have problems but we also care about each other. I hope they get all your wife's health problems under control soon. Tell her to take care of herself. I live with two diabetics and all of us (except the cats - they never get sick) have various autoimmune problems and we take lifestyle changes very seriously and are doing well.
    You are so right, even though I haven't been on much in the last couple of years ( I still checked in) you all were still there for me when my fiance was in the hospital and passed away, he was there two days shy of a month, and it was hell on me watching him go through it, and then dealing with his family's out bursts cruse laden rants, screaming at me ( they were angry that he had made me his medical power of attorney) when all I was doing was trying to give him every chance , the doctors kept telling me it was normal after the surgery he had ( implanted a heart pump),

I was there 24/7 after the surgery and I felt very alone except for the other families who were also spending long nights trying to sleep in the chairs of the waiting room. I rarely went to the cafeteria to get food, I had no cash on me and tried to buy things that would last me a few days, fruit snack bars things like that, only eating real food once a week. The other families tried to get me to eat theirs but I never took them up on their offer.

The forum came through for me with a gift card that helped because after he passed I was down to almost nothing in the bank after spending the outrageous prices in the cafeteria. We stockpiled a lot of canned goods but there were still things I needed and you guys helped me with your gift. You all have always been there when life has gotten sideways for me, the one group who beside Steve knows the real me, the only ones I have ever opened up to because I don't trust most people. I would love to call you all my family, but for me the family have been the ones I have least been able to count on when things go bad.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You have it, Don. I will add your wife to my prayers. I hope she is feeling better soon. Take care of yourself, too. Being a caregiver is very demanding physically and emotionally.
    So true, I don't think that I have recovered yet.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Prayers going up for you and the wife. make sure you are taking care of yourself so that you can take care of her. I lost a lot of weight when Steve was in the Hospital.

She has been hit hard from every direction, H, Pylori is a difficult bug to fight sometimes and can lead to other issues if they don't get it under control,
    The thyroid issues suck also and here in this area it seems doctor only want to put patients on Synthroid, no matter what their test result show.
    My late fiance's niece had to have her thryoid removed after docs tried three different meds they found out her's was more serious and needed to come out, then they put her back on Synthroid and she has done great, even able to remain in the military.

Good Luck to you, and sending my prayers, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Nell
    Thank you Nell. I appreciate your great response. Thankfully the thyroid numbers are back in the normal range. But she'll be on medication to maintain it for the rest of her life. The H pylori is "better" but still an issue. She got the results of the one "stomach empting" test and it was okay which is a big thing. her recovery will be a slow ongoing process, But we'll get through it together. I've always joked that "I'll rest when I'm dead" But I know I have to take some time for myself and recharge. I admit I could use a little more down time and I plan to do so a little at a time.

Tell Barbara we are all pulling for her and hope she is better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Tell Barbara we are all pulling for her and hope she is better soon.
    Thank you Rick. She said she appreciates all the good thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to her and me as well to have so many good friends keeping her in their thoughts

Don, heartfelt prayers and good thoughts sent to you and Barbara. I know how hard and scary it can be to be hit by things you have no control over and have to rely on doctors to do the right thing.
    I've been sick and I've been a caregiver. And while neither one is a walk in the park, I found that being a caregiver is tougher because of the love we feel for the other person and the helplessness and uncertainty of what's around the bend.

I hope that the love you have for each other comforts you and heals you through these trying times.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Don, heartfelt prayers and good thoughts sent to you and Barbara. I know how hard and scary it can be to be hit by things you have no control over and have to rely on doctors to do the right thing.
    I've been sick and I've been a caregiver. And while neither one is a walk in the park, I found that being a caregiver is tougher because of the love we feel for the other person and the helplessness and uncertainty of what's around the bend.

I hope that the love you have for each other comforts you and heals you through these trying times.
    Thank you B we appreciate it. It's been tough BUT we're doing the best we can. But honestly I wouldn't take the easy route. Despite any difficulty That's what you do when you Love someone.

I mentioned that the people I live with have autoimmune problems. Fact is, most of the people I'm close to have autoimmune problems and they can take a variety of forms from adult onset diabetes to psoriasis. Several of the people that regularly attended my annual campouts had to leave early due to gastroenteritis. My heart condition may have began as endocarditis.

The variety of your wife's problems makes me think of autoimmune disorder. The thyroid thing could easily be her body attacking itself. The dizziness could be caused by thyroid underproduction. If it's an ongoing problem, you might check for Meniere's disease.

What I've come to believe about specific health problems is that, the better a person's general health, the better they can deal with the specific problems.

In my case, inactivity is my worse enemy (other than myself...heh). I never feel better than when I'm on the trail, There is a surprisingly huge psychological component to autoimmune problems. If I'm inactive and I dwell on them, they get worse. My conviction that, "If I stop, I stop" probably comes from my experience with my immune system. My frame of mind has a huge impact on how well I am. I seem to notice that the people who can't hold out for a nine day campout also have the most trouble with depression - not sadness but clinical depression, reduced mental energy.

I am keeping you two in my prayers.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.