Thread: Hello from Teller County Colorado

Default Hello from Teller County Colorado

SWW looking for cowboy coffee recipe . . . LOL
    age 62
    over 30 years in semi rugged high altitude lifestyle sans electric, sans landline, sans people who make sense to me . . .
    cooking with woodstoves for decades, transport and all year around camping horseback prior to gentrification of nearby goldmining district township
    (and a few rides cadged from the mail man)
    Before jobs, the horses happily went along with hunting parties and never startled at the gunshots and dragged out the game in exchange for most of a year's supply hay and horseshoes, and often, hunks of deer, elk, and the occasional fresh caught trout.

Over 30 years of life in a ghost town of the Old Gold Mining District near Cripple Creek has taught me not to take anything for granted in the ordinary way of life au courant USA. Having tried to keep game birds, grow potatoes in a barrel, keeping chicks in the kitchen, and never being sure just WHERE the toilet flush really goes I decided to wise up before starting new ventures.

I am so hoping this website will prepare me for a possible new location starting from below ground up, in a remote area of the hills of Arizona. I will need every strand of my pioneer DNA to manage third world type terrain, isolatioin, varietals of weather conditions I can only have nightmares about!

It was one of the members of this website posted to an article about harvesting ACORNS, that led me to find Wilderness Survival and Log In. Her article was so good, and the dialogue from her post replies was so good, I Just Had To Come Here and I look forward to finding new friends, and getting educated about some importing issues, and just getting to be here amongst you all.

Welcome home. We think there's still a bit of common sense and common courtesy around here. We hope you enjoy your time. If you have a question, just ask.

Hello and welcome. Hope you find what you are looking for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hey! I'm also from Colorado. I think you'll like this forum. There's a strong and knowledgeable community here.

Sounds like you're moving out of the ice box into the fire....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.