Thread: Got my doubts about this one

I read about a third of the story and there seemed to be to many details for something that happened 50 years ago. I get the feeling something similar may have happened to the author but a lot of the "survival" story details were added later. I could be totally wrong but that's the feeling I got.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Dear lord! What a horrible ordeal! There's got to be a better way of dealing with an abusive husband than that.

I'll add that surviving "off the land" for ten months with no kit seems a bit unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Dear lord! What a horrible ordeal! There's got to be a better way of dealing with an abusive husband than that.
    I think in the old days. The men folk would take him fishing and have a “talk” about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I think in the old days. The men folk would take him fishing and have a “talk” about it.
    Yep.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759