Thread: Even the trolls aren't posting lately?

Default Even the trolls aren't posting lately?

Did everybody go on vacation?

Alan

Probably. It's summer time and things slow down on the forum over the summer. In addition, the economy is going well so there are no gloom and doom folks running around screaming about the sky falling. You should have been here the winter of 2008 and 2009. Whewy. Those that weren't going to Argentina were building bunkers and buying up all the gold they could. I'm not one to say I told you so but....yeah I am. To all the knuckleheads that said the world was ending...we're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    Did everybody go on vacation?

Alan
    That's what I was wondering. Either that or Rick forgot to pay the cable bill again! LOL
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

The economy is great? Guess I need to move to Indiana! Yeah, summer is a slow time. I'm on vacation and will be leaving to go backpacking for almost a week.

Yeah, the economy overall is great. Any rate below 5% is (and has long been) considered full employment. For the last 12 months the unemployment rate has been at or below 4%. Wages are going up in many sectors because employers are trying to attract the best quality employee they can out of an ever shrinking pool of people looking for work.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Small towns are still struggling but I've been to some of the metro areas in the Midwest and the construction of residential and commercial property is incredible. I think it is greater now than I've ever seen it. Even those towns of 250,000 seem to be doing very well. When you see 4-5 bedroom houses being built by companies to rent things are going well.

Yeah, but nobody can afford to live in any of them....

(just a little gloom and doom to dispel some of that glaring sunlight....)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Nobody posting? Rick hasn't been posting that picture of himself in a thong again, has he?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I can if you want :O).....They wouldn't be building them if no one could afford to live in them. They are occupied as fast as they build them. This just in....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/sudd...exploding.html

I am in the planning stage to build a house and right now all builders are booked up. Plus my total budget is under 100k and no builder wants to mess with a small house they all want 3000 sf. and 300k budgets.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I can if you want :O).....They wouldn't be building them if no one could afford to live in them. They are occupied as fast as they build them. This just in....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/26/sudd...exploding.html
    I hear stuff like but see no evidence of it. I'll have to take your word (and cnbc's word) for it.

I'm seeing an incredible boom in stick-built apartment complexes in and around the metro area of Boston. It seems really odd to me to see these things going up in wood rather than the usual concrete and metal. I can guarantee that the support services don't exist for the sheer numbers of them (Police/Fire/Schools/Power grid/Water.) Maybe they'll create a vast implosion when they all turn on their ACs at the same time.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Are you saying that darkness around Boston is Bruin?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

New construction in our area of apartments, single family homes and sprawling open air malls is booming.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel