Thread: Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR Revlover

Default Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR Revlover

Oh yes I did. I bought the Hi-Point of revolvers. $129.99. The finish is just what you'd expect from a bottom shelf gun. But I didn't buy it for the finish. It has iron sights but I could've had adjustable. I hope mine are close enough. I'm not going to hunt or compete with it. It's a plinker. .22 ammo is cheap right now. I'm going to shot the crap out of it this summer up in the mountains and then give it a review. Unless, of course, it blows up in my hand before then. lol.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Got one of those for my oldest Grandson. He uses it for everything including small game. Used both calibers with no problem at all.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

It makes a good snake gun while hiking if you use rat shot (rats.......snakes...........same difference).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Snakes are long and skinny and rats are...never mind.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

This is one of those guns everyone owns but no one admits to!

They are much like the old H&R pistols of the last century. Nothing to brag about but good serviceable revolvers that get the job done.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

A very popular trapline gun. I've been thinking about picking one up but may opt for the ruger wrangler instead.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It makes a good snake gun while hiking if you use rat shot (rats.......snakes...........same difference).
    Yeah, got the pests' cure. Digging around for some leftover leather for a holster right now.

Last edited by madmax; 06-02-2019 at 09:42 AM.

They had them on sale at Academy around Christmas ($99). The stocks had an american flag on them. I got one to take in the boat fishing. It fits in my dry box and I have medicine bottle full of ammo. It's for that "just in case" I get to spend the night on the bay and have to eat a shore bird for supper.

If you put it on half cock and tap the end of the pin of that stupid little safety inside the hammer channel and give the thing a little twist it comes right out and the pistol operates like a real revolver.

It's a firearm that I can have in places I would not take one of my nicer guns.

Alan

You do not need a weapon or ammo if you encounter snakes on the trail. Just go back the way you came. The snake is there. He owns it. You don't. Go home. Simple.

Rick, those snakes are as scared of you as you are of them, they just can't do all that screaming...

Alan

I was camping in the mountains of GA over Memorial Day weekend. Mrs. Crash and I were doing a little cooking when we heard a gun shot (this is private property and our group of about 20 were the only ones there). We walked over to the big shade tree where we all gathered in the heat of the day to see a dead Rattle Snake. The shooter used a 38 with rat shot. There were quite a few kids within a few feet of the snake. The shooter told them to get back and then it was dispatched. The skin is drying in my back yard.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm not a member of PETA and I don't shoot snakes just because they're snakes. But a poisonous one in my camp is skin and meat.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I'm not a member of PETA and I don't shoot snakes just because they're snakes. But a poisonous one in my camp is skin and meat.
    Same here, except for the skin and meat part. Anyone that wants the skin can have it. I tried to like rattlesnake a long time ago. Couldn't do it.

Alan

I’ve heard good things about them. Thought about getting one but, I wouldn’t carry it. Too big and scary for most city dwellers to see. Sure is a different world from 40 years ago.

Rattlesnakes or Rough Rider? 'Cause I could carry a Rough Rider. Not carryin' a rattle snake. Dead or alive.

Pretty funny. ☝️

You carry a rattlesnake in the city and it would be pretty scary to folks. Probably get you arrested about as quick as carrying a Rough Rider in Massachusetts.

Back in another life.... I drove up to the house and my Catahoula went nuts up in front of the truck. I cut the engine and stuck one leg out the door and then I heard it.... The dog had a five footer bayed up. I caught it and put it in a wire cage I had for such purposes. I went up to the local beer joint and stuck my head in the door. Since they knew me well, everyone said hello. I told them I'd be in in a min and stuck the cage through the door and set it down. As long as I had the cage moving the snake sat still. As soon as it hit the floor and stopped he struck up a tune. All those boys in the joint knew that sound and we all had a good laugh about it .... later.

There was a guy in Freer who made hatbands, belts and such out of rattlesnakes. I took the snake by on my way to work the next day. I got $24 for that snake. In 1984 that was a several bags of groceries.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 06-04-2019 at 09:31 AM.