Thread: 2 day trip in my secret shelter with two dogs and wool blanket

Default 2 day trip in my secret shelter with two dogs and wool blanket

I wanted to try my shelter at night in rain for quite some time , so I saw the forecast , saw when it was rain and went for it , took two dogs , long story short it was an amazing unforgettable trip and heres the long story
    First day I had to make the pulley wheel the bushcrafty way , so I sat down in rain under my half lavvuu poncho and start carving , I used wood with foamy heart and pushed it out with a metal rod, then I dig a little pit for fire and made a hole so it was kinda dakota fire pit , I regret this as A it had low oxygen B the air was flowing my way and all smoke came inside so I had to just flat it out, then I made a delicious meat on stick , shared with my doggos and was one very happy man , it got dark meanwhile and I put up my kerosine lantern , this has nice warm light that I just love ! before bed I ruffed out a spoon blank , wrote some notes and read a book (man eater leopard of rudraprayag if interested) and went to sleep , also forgot to mention that for bed I had the split log which I made last week , on that I put my sheep and goat hides and slept in the wool blanket , the night was nice woke up 3 times , every time one dog went to pee the other went with him so they walked on me lol
    in the morning I made a quick pot hanger , made my favorite breakfast , granola , finished the spoon and made a nice tea as well ,then I planted some garlic for future and made a bread on stick. Both of the doggos ran over like crazy on the roof , removing all the debris and moss

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KING OF THE NORTH ! KING OF THE NORTH ! KING OF THE NORTH ! LOL

In end it was amazing trip , the best part was having two dogs at once as I miss Max alot (dog with whom I camped for years in the mountains and when my father came back in the city he was with him)
    Here are some pictures and video, will post more pictures from my phone, thanks for reading
    Your feedback is much appreciated my friends
    God bless and have a nice weekend !
    Nick

Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

That's pretty slick!

Blog Entries

wonderful construction of your shelter and the photos you should frame of the dogs. Truly sweet colors mixed into each photo. Your video was a bit long and I enjoyed hearing your voice and talking about your father and dogs. well done sir. I was wondering in watching you cut wood with your knife is you wish it were longer for the large wood cutting you did?

Thank you for sharing

Looked like you all had a good time, how dry did it stay during the rain? stayed pretty warm between the dogs and the wool blanket?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Peace and tranquility with non-human companions, yep I could dig it for sure. Glad you had fun out there with your Dogs...