Thread: My butane lighter exploded

Default My butane lighter exploded

I left my day pack in the car for a few days and it must have gotten too hot. My butane lighter was in pieces. I’ve heard that can happen but I’ve not seen it before. This lighter was not the bic kind. Some other brand. Glad I didn’t leave a stove canister in there. Lol

Tis the season. I took out all the gum, candy, chapstick, and energy bars out of my truck last week. From winter to summer. Bam.

Glad it didn't do too much harm. Welcome to the south.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The only thing that will happen around here is it will get wet. Constant rain the last two years. Every single day. Did I mention rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The only thing that will happen around here is it will get wet. Constant rain the last two years. Every single day. Did I mention rain?
    We need rain. The only thing growing are the weeds. When you mow, it’s a dust storm.

Whatta country. How many more time is it going to snow before summer sets in?

One thing that used to happen offshore is that a welder would have a butane lighter in his shirt pocket and a spark would set it off. He was lucky if he just spent some time in the hospital.

It's very rare that (contrary to rumors) one will explode with enough force to kill someone, but they will go off. I heard one time that it took a welder's arm off. What I learned from that is that welders, like fishermen, will occasionally lie (just for effect, though.).
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 05-23-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.