Thread: new backyard hobby

Default new backyard hobby

as of late i've been spending more time in my camp even spending the night.
    anyhow my new hobby is drum roll please just kidding. bird watching
    untill I put out some feeders and such. I never realized how many spieces
    there were, wow. hears a few oreils wrens humming birds 2 kind
    a mocking bird i believe a red breasted need help on the rest of the name
    chicadees wood thrushes, a grosbreck and these little yellow ones with a black cap and a
    black stripe on the wings
    and some others as well. sweet.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Lol. It starts with the birds. Then squirrels come for the feast. Then raccoons. Then bears. Enjoy while you can.

Bird watching is great. Google is your friend on identifying them. I have a yellow finch that is fearless. She will stand toe to toe with me on the other side of the window and never move. I can even tap on the window and she will continue to pull flower petals to line her nest. I have awarded her the Thug Life award. She's tough.

I'm not a bird watcher, but I play one on TV.

(heh....joke)

I'm a general lifelong learner who hikes and I meet a lot of people on the trail. By far, the most interesting are the bird watchers. I've never met one that wasn't friendly and you don't engage them in conversation....they're already telling you about the birds they're watching.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Banned

My father taught me how to watch birds while fishing when I was a kid. Birds are your best assistant if you are in the open sea. I've been in a lot of different places for fishing and learned how to differ different species, their behaviour and so on. Years later I've managed to ****SNEAK SPAM IN MY POSTS***** and it turned out the villa is located on a flyway which is used by various spiecies of birds. Now it's very surprising for my little kids when I name the birds in the sky, where they are going to and stuff.
    Last edited by Rick; 06-08-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: REMOVED LINK

Oh my! A villa on the French Riviera. I noticed that's a link. Get a lot of practice with bushcraft and survival there? Very smooth how you linked bird watching and real estate.
    Last edited by madmax; 06-08-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Just a turkey from Turkey. (see what I did there? bird watching? turkey?) It's 3100 kilometers from Turkey to the French Riviera. Man, that's a lot of bird watching.

I couldn't find one that said Rick Roasted.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ooooh! Is that the people or the bird? 'Cause if that's the people.....

Fixed for you.
    fixed.jpg
    Last edited by LowKey; 06-09-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant