Thread: Weapon Flashlight Recomendatiions?

Default Weapon Flashlight Recomendatiions?

I tried the Search thingy and got a whole lot of hits except for what I am looking for.

What would you or do you run on your home/truck defense weapon. AR-15. Red Dot on the rail.

And kyratshooter you showed me what you have on your truck gun. lol. ok. I won't tell...

Blog Entries

Oh man, I just banned a flashlight guy......he may have had some recommendations.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Oh man, I just banned a flashlight guy......he may have had some recommendations.
    Well, I know you are the flash light master. Do you even know how many you have?

He's got this one tactical flashlight....

For the AR I really like the Inforce WML, running at 12:00 right on the top rail. It's not super expensive either at around $125 or so (when I got mine). A Surefire X300 Ultra works well but costs about twice as much. Barring one of those made to be a WML it works pretty well to get a mount to run whatever light you have handy. This can be done with or without a tape switch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Well, I know you are the flash light master. Do you even know how many you have?
    No I don't. Flashlights, guns and knives all fall into the same category............if you know how many you have, you do not have enough. Keep in mind that this never precludes you from acquiring more.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I find that it is not so much the light that matters as much as the switch and where it is placed.

Always remember that the light is an illumination device, not an aiming device. The light can illuminate everything around, including you!

You want to keep that light turned off until you are ready to snap shoot whatever flares into sight when you press the switch.

If you run around with the light on all the time you are just telling the bad guy where you are. Using a light assumes that you are willing to be the best target in the area.

You also need to insure that you have a light/lazer/red dot combination that does not mask the dot when the light suddenly appears.

All of these devices seem like wonderful assistance in critical situations until you actually use them and find out you can't see the dot, the beam is not coaxial with the bore of your gun, or the BG is behind a brick wall taking aim at the next thing he sees.

You should see that shotgun now,,,,

Night vision!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Night vision! droolin' I looked up the "four eyed" night vision. They were running a "special"... only $43,000.00.

Tool & Die Maker

I found by accident a pair of LED flashlights at Walmart or $25. One of them fits on the AR-15 Flashlight mount perfect. I don't know about self defense but the flashlight mounted on the AR is invaluable when climbing down a tree stand, finding downed wildlife and finding my way through the jungle at. The jungle is always loaded with plenty of trip hazards.

I also found a small laser at a gun show that readily mounts to my AR. That lazer is for my hunting buddies. The laser dot is readily seen through my night vision (FLIR) scope. I find the hogs through the thermo imaging scope. The laser is sighted in with the thermo imaging scope. I can't see the laser through the thermo scope but the other guys with the night vision scope readily sees the laser dot and aquires the target for a shot. The laser is invaluable for guest hunters with bows. All these guys see is the red dot in the night. If they can hit the laser dot they will also hit a hog.

I miss Florida hog hunting

$43K huh? New truck...Night vision. Yeah, not much of a decision on that one. If my wife was still alive and I came home with that it would become a proctoscope post haste.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

When you care enough to send the very best.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-...ntent=Products