Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Flashlight Recomendatiions?

Default Weapon Flashlight Recomendatiions?

I tried the Search thingy and got a whole lot of hits except for what I am looking for.

What would you or do you run on your home/truck defense weapon. AR-15. Red Dot on the rail.

And kyratshooter you showed me what you have on your truck gun. lol. ok. I won't tell...

Oh man, I just banned a flashlight guy......he may have had some recommendations.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Oh man, I just banned a flashlight guy......he may have had some recommendations.
    Well, I know you are the flash light master. Do you even know how many you have?

He's got this one tactical flashlight....

For the AR I really like the Inforce WML, running at 12:00 right on the top rail. It's not super expensive either at around $125 or so (when I got mine). A Surefire X300 Ultra works well but costs about twice as much. Barring one of those made to be a WML it works pretty well to get a mount to run whatever light you have handy. This can be done with or without a tape switch.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Well, I know you are the flash light master. Do you even know how many you have?
    No I don't. Flashlights, guns and knives all fall into the same category............if you know how many you have, you do not have enough. Keep in mind that this never precludes you from acquiring more.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I find that it is not so much the light that matters as much as the switch and where it is placed.

Always remember that the light is an illumination device, not an aiming device. The light can illuminate everything around, including you!

You want to keep that light turned off until you are ready to snap shoot whatever flares into sight when you press the switch.

If you run around with the light on all the time you are just telling the bad guy where you are. Using a light assumes that you are willing to be the best target in the area.

You also need to insure that you have a light/lazer/red dot combination that does not mask the dot when the light suddenly appears.

All of these devices seem like wonderful assistance in critical situations until you actually use them and find out you can't see the dot, the beam is not coaxial with the bore of your gun, or the BG is behind a brick wall taking aim at the next thing he sees.

You should see that shotgun now,,,,

Night vision!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Night vision! droolin' I looked up the "four eyed" night vision. They were running a "special"... only $43,000.00.

Tool & Die Maker

I found by accident a pair of LED flashlights at Walmart or $25. One of them fits on the AR-15 Flashlight mount perfect. I don't know about self defense but the flashlight mounted on the AR is invaluable when climbing down a tree stand, finding downed wildlife and finding my way through the jungle at. The jungle is always loaded with plenty of trip hazards.

I also found a small laser at a gun show that readily mounts to my AR. That lazer is for my hunting buddies. The laser dot is readily seen through my night vision (FLIR) scope. I find the hogs through the thermo imaging scope. The laser is sighted in with the thermo imaging scope. I can't see the laser through the thermo scope but the other guys with the night vision scope readily sees the laser dot and aquires the target for a shot. The laser is invaluable for guest hunters with bows. All these guys see is the red dot in the night. If they can hit the laser dot they will also hit a hog.

I miss Florida hog hunting

$43K huh? New truck...Night vision. Yeah, not much of a decision on that one. If my wife was still alive and I came home with that it would become a proctoscope post haste.

When you care enough to send the very best.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-...ntent=Products

well, it depends on what you need. If you only want to use your weapon to protect your home, will you ever need a flashlight for that? In the end, it will only give out your location. Personally, I am a fan of hunting. I especially like to hunt at night, but the flashlight gives you away a lot, the animals are very sensitive and even by the noise and smell you can be noticed from afar, and even more so by the flashlight. I have to hunt from afar and I decided to order an infrared sight for my new Browning rifle from https://g4gguns.com/product/browning-xbolt / (I can't help but brag) so that I can see animals in the dark. If you want to catch a detractor off guard, buy yourself an infrared sight, too.
    Last edited by Amelainn; 10-02-2021 at 08:26 AM.

I'm thinkin' if they're in your house, they already know where you live.

Yeah their gonna get it from a 12g and my wife emptying a 38 special revolver into them. No worries.

That whole light discipline thingy is sort of out the window when flashes of light and loud bangs start happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelainn View Post
    well, it depends on what you need. If you want to use your weapon only to protect the house, do you even need a flashlight for it? After all, it will only give out your location.
    Go somewhere and find an enclosed space, the size of your bedroom, turn out all the lights and fire off one round of 12 gauge buckshot.

There will be a muzzle flash the size of a small nuke explosion that blinds you for the next 20 minutes. There will also be a report from the blast that deafens you for for an hour or so and sits your ears to ringing for a day or two. It's not like the movies where they talk quietly to each other during a fire fight, or right afterwards.

All of this happening inside your home, in the dark, is instant chaos. Anyone not already running or dead is on drugs, so shoot them again!

Oh, you can't see them, or hear them leave? That's OK, fire off a couple more rounds anyway.

This being an old post I am sure the bedside shotgun has evolved some. I now have a strong flashlight with a remote button. There is also a red dot sight mounted with everything centered on the shot pattern.

BTW, did I ever tell you guys about shooting the mouse in the kid's closet with a .38 shot load at 3am? The X-wife insisted that I do something about the critter, and right now was not soon enough. She got her wish.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Go somewhere and find an enclosed space, the size of your bedroom, turn out all the lights and fire off one round of 12 gauge buckshot.

There will be a muzzle flash the size of a small nuke explosion that blinds you for the next 20 minutes. There will also be a report from the blast that deafens you for for an hour or so and sits your ears to ringing for a day or two. It's not like the movies where they talk quietly to each other during a fire fight, or right afterwards.

All of this happening inside your home, in the dark, is instant chaos. Anyone not already running or dead is on drugs, so shoot them again!

Oh, you can't see them, or hear them leave? That's OK, fire off a couple more rounds anyway.

This being an old post I am sure the bedside shotgun has evolved some. I now have a strong flashlight with a remote button. There is also a red dot sight mounted with everything centered on the shot pattern.

BTW, did I ever tell you guys about shooting the mouse in the kid's closet with a .38 shot load at 3am? The X-wife insisted that I do something about the critter, and right now was not soon enough. She got her wish.
    Lop that shotgun barrel off to 20"-22" and you can set the curtains on fire. I've been in hog tunnels and shot them with a light on them. After the initial blast and figuring out where the flashlight is, everything is dead quiet (which is the objective). If there is noise it needs to be the sound of kicking. All the insects are even quiet. Then a voice from 50 feet behind says, "Did you get him?" You say, "I hope so, I don't want to have to shoot again"... Then you realize the web of your thumb is jammed up under the top lever and it's going to really hurt (more than it is already) pulling it but you really feel the need to reload that right barrel.

But all is well and you holler for those strapping young boys to come haul the dead pig back to the road while admonishing the practice of shooting a black 300# hog fifteen minutes after full dark.

I'm not sure just when but I finally told them I'm too old for that nonsense. If they shot one at dark and didn't kill it right there, they were going to have to go get it and I would just figure out something to tell their mother at the ER. Funny how I stopped hearing that Bam----whomp! right at dark....

Alan

Incidentally, the admonishment had no effect on #1 son. His response was to acquire a pack of hog dogs and run off in the dark to stick them with a knife....

Alan

...run off in the dark to stick them with a knife....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.