Thread: Wild Edible Plants

Default Wild Edible Plants

I found this collection of some common edibles along with associated recipes.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/portals/1...e%20plants.pdf
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Was going to start a thread, but this will work. I'd like to thank everybody for the information they have shared on the forum about wild edibles. My knowledge in that area was extremely (VERY) limited. Decided to learn more. Got my 1st 3 Peterson Field Guides today (Edible Wild Plants, Medicinal Plants and Herbs, Venomous Animals & Poisonous Plants). Thank you everybody for inspiring me to learn something new.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Take a look at the Wild Edibles Plants. In the back is the neatest layout of various types of habitats and season you will find plants. Mine starts on page 241. So no matter where or when you are out you can turn to that and find plants that you should be able to identify.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yep - mine starts on 241 also. I knew there were quite a few field guides, but didn't know there were 51. The Stars and Planets will probably be my next one. It'll bring back alot of the old Boy Scout memories.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel