Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun owners of Illinois march to State Capitol

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    ....and Rodney Scotts BBQ, in Charleston, has some of the best food you'll ever put in your mouth. LOL
    What do you know about Beaufort, SC?

Just what the mule tells him.

Idaho is beautiful and perhaps the most gun friendly state in the US. A bit cold for you FL types but not as bad as MT or WY.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Nobody lives in Idaho!

Really! They have 20 people per sq/mi and a population of less than two million.

Last time I looked they did not even have a road that linked the southern part of the state to the northern part. You actually had to leave the state to get from north border to south border.

Problem is that they are growing rapidly with an influx of people from the northeast coast, most looking for cheap cost of living and bringing anti-gun opinions not native to the region.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Nobody lives in Idaho!

Really! They have 20 people per sq/mi and a population of less than two million.

Last time I looked they did not even have a road that linked the southern part of the state to the northern part. You actually had to leave the state to get from north border to south border.

Problem is that they are growing rapidly with an influx of people from the northeast coast, most looking for cheap cost of living and bringing anti-gun opinions not native to the region.
    What western states aren't?

Yeah, but they have Spud. And he has a compound. And you can work there...for free. I guess he's still there and hasn't been arrested or anything.

Just for fun on the wayback machine....

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...890-From-Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Nobody lives in Idaho!

Still twice the population of Montana! There are some refuges from California but you still aren't likely to find better gun laws than ID, and that won't change in the lifetime of any of us over 50.

Crash, have you looked at South Georgia? If not, why not? Maybe I missed something.

I wouldn't count on Stacey Abrams not getting elected next time around. That will change GA. Sadly.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have found through personal observation that in any state with a large urban population your 2nd amendment rights will be endangered. Even in Texas the urban centers are anti-gun, especially if they have a strong University/academic population.

For instance, KY and TN have almost the same populations but TN has most of that population centered in four large "liberal" urban centers of over 1 million each. Firearms ownership rights have always been in danger there through my entire lifetime.

Kentucky has the same population but it is spread over a rural base with only one urban area over 1 million strong, Louisville. The politicians in Louisville shoot steam out their ears at every legislative session due to the immediate shutdown of their fresh gun control legislation, but they still put it on the table every year!

While Louisville locally is extremely anti-gun the state laws are extremely gun friendly and my representatives spend a good deal of time protecting me from what Louisville wants.

Look for states that have no large population centers, or are strongly rural, not just a low population. Otherwise you get into that situation Jim is dealing with, where Chicago, New York, LA/San Francisco dominate the legislatures of the entire state.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Crash, have you looked at South Georgia? If not, why not? Maybe I missed something.
    I used to own property in Kingsland. Not a fan of state income taxes.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm still in the fight and not giving up or in. Defeating this amendment if it gets on the ballot will be my mission. There are also legal options. A state constitution should not be able to supercede the Constitution.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We're still the "Gunshine State".

Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I'm still in the fight and not giving up or in. Defeating this amendment if it gets on the ballot will be my mission. There are also legal options. A state constitution should not be able to supercede the Constitution.
    We all need to contact our representatives, make some noise so they know gun supporters are around. I think gun supporters are a majority in most or all states we need to make representatives aware that we are here and we vote.

On the another subject, two of our state representatives have a public meeting Tuesday on the Illinois state budget. I plan to attend that meeting and tell the representatives Illinois needs to file bankruptcy, it is impossible to tax our way out of debt. Doing so will only drive people out of the state making financial recovery even more difficult.